IGNORED

Buying a game

Damon Plus

I bought some Nes games from a shop, and then, I saw that they had some complete Atari 2600 games. I have only money for one game (I swear this is not a joke. The games cost about 6$), and I don´t know which one choose. They are:

Jr Pac-Man (It will be probably this, as I´ve heard its good)

Joust (Another good candidate to come home)

Battlezone (¿?)

Kangaroo (?¿)

Venture (?¿)

There are other ones, but I probably won´t buy them

Fire Fighter

RealSports Football

RealSports Baseball

Super Football

Any help, please?

My first pick would be Jr. Pacman (which you got) and second would be Battlezone.

Battlezone is actually a really fun game to play... it was one of the better ones I remember playing when I was growing up.

Then I'd probably get Joust.. it's a cool game to play when friends come over to hang out.

Hmmmm Its a tough choice.

I'd probably go with Joust. Its fun fun fun.

Some of the physics in the 2600 version of Joust are... well, let's just say they're "creative." (I realize they had to do it that way due to the limitations of the system.)

If you have an NES or 7800, I'd go for the versions of Joust on those systems instead. My choice in this list would definitely be Jr. Pac-Man.

:thumbsup:

Well, I won´t go with Super Football because, while being impressive technically, I don´t like that sport, and the only football game I enjoy is Tecmo Super Bowl because of its simplicity. Battlezone seems to be good also, but I think the other two games appeal more to me.

On one side, I liked Balloon Fight for the Nes (similar to Joust IMO), but the Nes version of Joust wasn´t released here. And I could play it sometimes with my sister.

On the other side, Jr. Pac-Man seems to be one of the best 2600 games, with 7? different mazes and the options to choose between 1 to 4 ghosts.

I think the final choose will be between Joust and Jr. Pac-Man with a coin toss :) but if anybody else can give his oppinion it could help me to decide.

BTW, I have a problem with the sound on my 2600 jr. After turning it on, at about 2 minutes of playing the sound fades out and dissapears. I posted a topic about it but nobody answered :(

Well, I won´t go with Super Football because, while being impressive technically, I don´t like that sport, and the only football game I enjoy is Tecmo Super  Bowl because of its simplicity:(

when i was around 21 i use to gamble playing that game "tecmo bowl"

ive made lots of extra money :D

it got to the point people werent gonna play against me if i was the raiders or 49ers, i would tell my opponent ahead of time what play it was every down :P bo jackson running plays every down, only threw when my friends got pissed and were about to quit playing.

my bread and butter play with the 49ers was a pass play, i could practically get away with the same pass play every down. wide receiver i think jerry rice on the bottom of the screen would go out about 10/15 yards down the field then cut straight up to the middle of the screen, pure timing pure fun, pure memories. i would be laughing so hard i was crying, i had to take breaks from laughing so hard, let alone my friends hated me for playing that way.

get battlezone :)

Well, I won´t go with Super Football because, while being impressive technically, I don´t like that sport, and the only football game I enjoy is Tecmo Super  Bowl because of its simplicity. Battlezone seems to be good also, but I think the other two games appeal more to me.

Super Football is good, but go with Joust,