IGNORED

Mc Donald's - Atari Game Card

l3ushwig

However, I do feel there is a gentleman's rule.... Most of us know each other's handles on Ebay and if you see something you like, put in a min. bid so all others know it is something you are going for and as a gesture of respect, they pass on said auction for a sniping. I generally do this if I already see someone I know bidding on an auction, as I don't wish to fight with someone over it nor drive their final price up.

Uhh....that's what I was referring to with my statement. ;)

Uhh...that worked fine before, but all bidder's identities are protected now and you don't know who the hell is bidding. You only know the high bidder (and only after the auction is over)..."backing off" is therefore no longer possible, unless you actually e-mail other people and ask if they're bidding. Not exactly practical.

However, I do feel there is a gentleman's rule.... Most of us know each other's handles on Ebay and if you see something you like, put in a min. bid so all others know it is something you are going for and as a gesture of respect, they pass on said auction for a sniping. I generally do this if I already see someone I know bidding on an auction, as I don't wish to fight with someone over it nor drive their final price up.

Uhh....that's what I was referring to with my statement. ;)

Uhh...that worked fine before, but all bidder's identities are protected now and you don't know who the hell is bidding. You only know the high bidder (and only after the auction is over)..."backing off" is therefore no longer possible, unless you actually e-mail other people and ask if they're bidding. Not exactly practical.

Uhh...the period being talked about was before they moved to the newer format or protecting names. ;) And protected names are only an option, and not used on every auction. There's a few I'm bidding on right now in fact that don't have that option on and I can see every bidder's name. And its not that hard to figure out a user from a partial name and bidding history (which is still accessible) for atarimuseum, else, atarimania, etc.

Edited by wgungfu

Uhh...the period being talked about was before they moved to the newer format or protecting names. ;) And protected names are only an option, and not used on every auction. There's a few I'm bidding on right now in fact that don't have that option on and I can see every bidder's name.

I'm aware of that. Yes, it is an option...but in my recent experience it's an option most sellers have been opting for, especially on big-ticket items. It's a pain in the ass. I don't like not knowing who I'm bidding against for a variety of reasons, including the issue that Curt raised (bidding against 'friendlies').

It's a pain in the ass. I don't like not knowing who I'm bidding against for a variety of reasons, including the issue that Curt raised (bidding against 'friendlies').

Oh, I agree with you 100%, its a big pain in the ass and I hate not knowing some of the time as well. I almost wish that other video game auction site would have worked out, but its hard to go against the ebay juggernaut.

I think you're absolutely right, Curt.

I will try to pay more attention to this in the future.

It simply didn't cross my mind to contact wgunfu when I saw his pictures in the thread.

In fact, most of the better scans and pics that are posted in public forums are often used by me without asking permission.

In most other cases, we thank a contributor on our homepage news (which IS archieved and will be viewable soon again) and main contributors are mentioned on our Credits page.

I will not put any 'Thanks to this and that contributor' texts on our seperate entry pages though, no matter how grateful I am for a certain scan.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Anyone have any of these? I just got one Mint. I wil post a scan of the back later....

:D

When I moved out of my old house in the late 90s I found some of these cards in the garage attic from the early 80s McDonalds Atari promotion. One of the prizes that sticks in my mind was the Atari 400 or 800 computers. Other than that I don't recall and video game equipment. I think I stashed them away in box when moving but I don't ever remember coming ac-crossed them since. They may have been tossed or still in a box.

Edited by fmh

Umm, excuse me, but I don't recall giving permission for my stuff to be put on your site, let alone without credits as to where it came from. I spent a sizable amount of time and money to obtain that whole setup for someone to just throw it up on their site like its part of their collection. My display at the MGC *is* advertised as being from the E2M, and all restrictions and permissions apply.

Are you new to this site? It looks like you've been around longer than me. I've only been here for a little over a year & when I see Rom Hunter's posts looking for scans of stuff I immediately know he's looking for his 2600 archives. I find it hard to believe that you're not aware aware of that when he bumps this thread. Seems to me you're just trying to be a sh*t disturber.

Peace

I find it hard to believe that you're not aware aware of that when he bumps this thread. Seems to me you're just trying to be a sh*t disturber.

Peace

The comment was addressing items already on his site that he took from another thread. And its already been settled, but please free to actually read the entire thread before adding color commentary about what you yourself are doing.

• 3 months later...

Rom Hunter - while I appreciate you did remove the photo of my display from the menu, you still have 2 photos up in the Goodies area.

Specifically the full set surrounding the place mat and the place mat closeup cropped from that photo. Same conditions apply, you can use it if you give credit under the photos (which you continually state you won't), so please remove those as well.

Edited by wgungfu

I know you could get the console TV's in the 90's, we got a25 inch RCA to replace the ancient ass console of my grandmother from the 70's when it died (that thing was twice as wide, and had a record player in the top IIRC) I'm sure you'll always be able to get some, as it's still a very nice looking style.

I'm still waiting for a woodgrain plasmascreen though :lol:

Rom Hunter - while I appreciate you did remove the photo of my display from the menu, you still have 2 photos up in the Goodies area.

Specifically the full set surrounding the place mat and the place mat closeup cropped from that photo. Same conditions apply, you can use it if you give credit under the photos (which you continually state you won't), so please remove those as well.

Photo of placemat and surrounding scratch card set removed.

AFAIK that other placemat scan is not from your photo.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

True true... did they sell console TVs in the 80s also?

The 80s really was the generation of the Space Shuttle, Port-Fuel Injection on cars, and plastic.. lots of it...

Maybe the big screen they're talking about is a real life rear-projection NEC or something! :)

What's wrong with port fuel injection? dont' some of your pontiacs have it?