Front Line

Imagic:

Shootin' Gallery

Xonox:

Motocross Racer

Tomarc the Barbarian

Thanks!

8)

I've got no PAL ROM for Canyon Bomber, Starship or Frontline on my CC2. I do have PAL for Checkers, Word Zapper and Flag Capture. Will have to check the rest closely. I don't think have the other two Carrere titles on PAL, and I definitely don't have Tomarc/Motocross on PAL.

Checkers - reckon so. I think I have one.

Canyon Bomber - Think so. I have multilingual instructions IIRC, so should be PAL.

Flag Capture - Capture - don't know. No-one's reported one.

Football - Also not sure. None reported.

Star Ship - Outer Space - Ditto.

Carrere Video:

Entombed -

Squeeze Box

Word Zapper

None of those three have been reported.

CBS Electronics:

Front Line

Not reported.

Imagic:

Shootin' Gallery

And again, not reported. :)

Xonox:

Motocross Racer

Tomarc the Barbarian

Guess what? Also not reported.

By 'reported' I mean submitted to the PAL database. I'll have to check my PAL Checkers but I think it is PAL.

Canyon Bomber - Think so. I have multilingual instructions IIRC, so should be PAL.

I'm thinking that Canadian released games could have come with multilanguage instruction manuals / boxes. Can anyone support this theory?

Multi-lingual manuals/boxes were most definitelyreleased in US/Canada, I had a sealed Space Invaders that I have since opened. Multi-lingual manual and box with an NTSC cart.

Regarding Checkers, I thought that this was an NTSC only release, but I'm sure that I could remember seeing this game on sale in the UK. It'd be great if there was a PAL version.

I don't think that Sears released any titles outside of N. America, so PAL format games would be extremely unlikely.

There are definitely no Sears games in Europe.

As for the Canyon Bomber, by Multi-lingual I mean English, German, French, Spanish and Italian (I think it is) not just French and English. That's how they were packaged in Europe. However, I'll try and check tonight (forgot to last night. Oops).

Well Checkers and Flag Capture are both on the 32-in-1 so Pal versions must have been done.

True, but that doesn't help us really, unfortunately.

On the 32-in-1 you can also find Freeway Rabbit and Freeway Chicken, both of which are different to the released Freeway on cartridge, and exist nowhere else.

Freeway Chicken is the same as the version i have on Cartridge, Rabbit is just a graphics hack.

I don't think they're exactly the same... and my point was that if they can do a graphics hack, they can do a PAL hack - hence the existence on the 32-in-1 doesn't really help.

I'll have to dig out my Freeway and 32-in-1 and make sure I wasn't imaging the differences. :)

Well that's the thing, I'll have to check my ROM archives. But I suspect you're probably right, I don't think Activision actually released a PAL Checkers themselves. Doesn't stop me including the ROM on my CC2 :P

(and yes it is PAL as I've tested it against the NTSC one)

Likewise for Flag Capture.

Sure... can't guarentee I'll have all of them, but I'm fairly sure I've tested a lot of the ones I have on my CC2 to make sure they are really NTSC or PAL.

(Mayhem PLC makes no assurances that they are 100% PAL or NTSC despite being told they are here heh)