IGNORED

uosipa llamxew

yes, but if you do that, then we just have Frogger again.

EXACTLY!!!!1 Actually that's exactly what I was looking for when I first bought Freeway.. i.e. Frogger. :lol:

When I found out that you could only move up/down that was a bitter moment in my childhood :P Of course that would be rectified later when the actual Frogger eventually came out from Parker Bros.. ahh the memories.

Anyway, I just thought it would be neat to see. Freeway was always a stinker of a game anyway :D

From a techincal standpoint. What you guys are wishing for is not an easy thing to do. The fixed horizontal position of the 2 birds allows for a single line kernel and no flicker. To allow the chickens to roam free on the screen the kernel would need to be changed to flicker them at 30 Hz so that only one needs to be displayed each frame.

Another obstacle is that its an Activision title and they are rather tight fisted with their ROM images.

Cheers!

Flicker away! Flicker is a fact of life on many a classic 2600 game! :D

If it can be avoided, then great. If it needs to be in there, that's great.. it'll work fine. Make it flicker till the cows come home! 8)

..'course all this is just casual yapping :P

What if they only flickered while both frogs were on the same scan line? That seems possible, and it'd probably work well if one person is consistantly in the lead.

Should work... but I am not a programmer. As long as the cars dont flicker, then it would suck. Even if the two players flicker, that is doable. But what about collision detection? What would happen if the two frogs collided? And, probably easy, but...colors. Make sure the two players are two different colors, maybe green and that wierd pink that was in the PS 2 player version?

hummm----

now if you could squish the other frog....

whichever player is moving @ collision would temp freeze the other (3 seconds or so, or know them two lines backward)

Or have a vertical bridge/overpass on the playfeild which cuts the two sides from each other not allowing chickens/ frogs or whatever other player animal (Armadillos!) to hit each other, but can move horozontally.

The next step is someone with a Windows machine and the ROM image needs to run Distella on the ROM and post the listing here.   I have neither of those things.  ;)

Here ya go.

Thanks! Distella added a minor glitch. here is the corrected listed that can be successfully compiled by DASM.

freewayfix.s.gz

Well.. i wasn't thinking of it done to Frogger (although that would be cool too). I was thinking of Freeway! Just making them chickens able to move left/right was pretty much all I was thinking about :P

Well, I meant freeway, but change the chickens (rabbits?) to frogs. I like the idea of the player that hops to "Land" on the other player, paralyzing him until the hopping player jumps off.