IGNORED

Games that have a definite ending.

moycon

Vanguard doesn't have an ending.  YOu just keep playing the same levels over and over.

Dark Chambers doesn't end...it just starts over at Level D with the same items and score you had when you clear Level Z.

I'll be damned! I posted a response to this thread almost exactly 2 years ago! And it was in regards to having just finished Dark Chambers too! Ahhh, memories! *sniff* :)

You people are forgetting one MAJOR game with a good ending! (That nobody but me, Thomas, and Albert have seen :P )

It's thrust you dummies, One of the best endings in any of the games out there now. (well better than pitfall two where he just jumps up and down)

I can't believe it hasn't been posted on here yet and they had a contest about it. :!:

Oh come on what would posses someone to play that turd of a game Laser Blast to a million points? I guess if it were that or have a hot poker stuck up my ass I might. Otherwise...Fergetit

(removes hot poker from ass)

Ahhhhhhhhh........yes I did accomplish this and got my patch way back when :D

Demon Attack and Tunnel Runner sort of end when they crash, and there's a great ending (for the 2600 games) if you beat Escape from the Mindmaster (me spamming, oh no! :)).

Not all Demon Attacks end - In a 2600 Deca most players were getting lik 85K - I didnt undertsand the problem when I scored over a million on it :P - My cart is a fixed version that Imagic released later

there's a great ending (for the 2600 games) if you beat Escape from the Mindmaster

That game personally killed my appreciation for other 2600 games. Once I saw that games could have an end like that, I needed more than the mindless, endless gameplay of crap like Space Jockey. I ended up going over to computer games and left console games behind. I needed to get that sense of closure in a game, and most 2600 games didn't have that. :(

Technically ALL games have an ending. You either run out of time (Pitfall) or you run out of lives (Space Invaders). I think the original poster meant a game that can be BEATEN. i.e. Nothing more to do... you reached the goal, saved the princess... sell the cartridge on ebay.

Pitfall 2 qualifies. Marble Madness. E.T. Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I love the 5200 version of Pitfall. When you beat the game (rescue your cat, niece, and the ring), Harry is magically transported to a SECOND adventure. Genius. This is the version that should be put on Activision Anthology.