IGNORED

High Score Club: What to do

keilbaca

How would you like to pick the game?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you like to pick the game?

• 5 Members pick a game, and we vote on it
    • Have every member submit a game at the beginning of the season, and they get randomly picked per week
    • Change nothing, 1 PM a week on who's next on the list

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

keilbaca, I'm sorry, I don't follow how the 5-person game selection method works.  Could you please explain it again?

At first I was thinking compromising but that'll not give what everyone wants from the 5 people, I definitely see that not working. Honestly, anyone else have any ideas at all? On 2nd thought, how about this one. 5 people pick a game, from the list. Then I can edit the page once the 5 people are picked, and make a poll on who wants to play. The one with the most votes wins. Sounds good?

keilbaca, I'm sorry, I don't follow how the 5-person game selection method works.  Could you please explain it again?

I don't get that one either. Why don't you just leave it the way it was? It seemed to work well and gave everyone an equal voice.

You're right, it did work well. But, basically I'm trying to cover more people at once, so everyone has a say so, as suggested earlier in the thread, that's all. If we have more people agreeing to leaving it to one vote, that's fine. Just going by what you guys want.

I don't get that one either. Why don't you just leave it the way it was? It seemed to work well and gave everyone an equal voice.

Not everyone got to pick a game due to the amount of folks in the club.

I suggested 5 people pick a game and teh group votes on the 5 choices - most votes becomes the game to play - next round another 5 people select a game, etc....

I suggested 5 people pick a game and teh group votes on the 5 choices - most votes becomes the game to play - next round another 5 people select a game, etc....

Quite a few did, then they ended up at the bottom of the list after they picked. If you guys do the 5 person poll method, the same 10 games will always end up being picked and it will get boring quickly. One of the cool things with the first go around is that people were exposed to games they otherwise would not have played.

Quite a few did, then they ended up at the bottom of the list after they picked. If you guys do the 5 person poll method, the same 10 games will always end up being picked and it will get boring quickly. One of the cool things with the first go around is that people were exposed to games they otherwise would not have played.

That rule wasn't going away, in fact we're not allowed to pick any games chosen from the first HSC. That'll expose us to more games.

Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for. I was, literally, not understanding how the method was supposed to work.

I don't really have a problem with any game selection method. Although, I think it's important that those people still in line to pick get their turn if they want it. A few participants have said they do. I was gone last fall when my turn to pick rolled around and I ended up missing it.

Just waiting on everyone else to decide if the 4 rules I set are fine for everyone, and if anyone has a better idea than 5 members voting, because every time is going to be all 5 people picking a different game. So, as long as everyone agrees with the 4 rules, that'll be our only issue.

I'm for ending the game on monday nights.

so in other words the week starts on tuiesdays and ends on mondays right?

The new game will start as soon as the old game ends. During the 1st week's game, I will contact the 5 people (these will be random due to the start of the new HSC), to get their games. Then, once I get all 5, I will add a poll for next week's game. From there the member list will go from first to last, being they earned it for that week ;). Those 5 people will get the PM and the cycle starts again. How it'll work is that ONLY played/being played games are not able to be picked, another words, say sku_u says climber 5 and we don't play it. Climber 5 will still be able to be a pickable game for next week, if chosen.

If that is good with everyone, as well as the other rules on the 4th page to be set in stone, then we just have to worry about picking next week's game. This one will be done by the group, so far we have quite a few wanting Enduro, and one for Dragonfire.

1. 1 point intervals between 1st and 3rd, starting from 11 to 2.

Should this say "between 1st and 10th"?

That was implied but I can change it, being that one of the dabates was the point seperation for 1st-3rd. Editing now, thank you. Also adding one, so head over there, about the tips.

I will, again, put in my vote for one person choosing the game each week. This is for a number of reasons. Granted I haven't had my chance to pick yet, and would like to, but that isn't actually very important to me. More importantly, I don't want the majority to decide the game. I have personally played, and enjoyed darn it all, games that I would gladly have voted against given half a chance. A very large part of why I play in this club is that is forces me to play games I would never play otherwise. If you let everyone vote, it looses that aspect. If there is some way to keep the variety and to allow less popular games to be chosen, then I'm ok with the change.

Depends, when do you guys want? if everyone is fine with enduro, and everyone doesn't mind the game starting a little late, it can start as soon as I get home. We still have one person going against the 5 person vote, but the majority is still for the 5 person vote. Once I get everyone's opinion that has posted in the thread so far, and if its a go, then I can start it tonight.

You should take everyone on the lists name off who hasnt participated in maybe the last 10 or 15 weeks. This would cut down on the waiting list, and if someone wanted back on, they could just sign up again. I thinjk we should still use the one person every week method. BTW, can we start posting Enduro scores?

-kemsted

Not yet, wait until I start up the thread on the Enduro scores.

The member list is now gone, starting new. Its the easiest way to start out. Everyone that has posted here, shows interest in the HSC, and will be in the random 5 people to pick the next game. From then on, the member list will start from 1st to last in picking the game, with the 5 people who got randomly chosen be last automatically. I don't have enough people saying its a go, that they comply with all of the rule changes. Once I get enough (so far only 2 complied with everything, Stan Jr and kemsted), then I'll start up the Enduro thread. In the mean time, start playing, and hold your scores until I am able to get the thread up. Thank you all, for making this all a success, and to be able to continue the HSC onto the next season. Please let me know here if everything is fine, so we can start this. The sooner the better. The thread will most likely be started tomorrow due to its midnight or close to midnight over there in the States.

Maybe a request should be made in here for any who have not been active of late, but still interested to chime in or send a pm. I don't know if you should just delete them. And what of the people who had not picked games yet?

I think you should make a last call for game selections, for any and all that are still genuinely interested in this, to post to the thread or at least send you a pm to let you know. Only for people who are members and not had a chance to pick.

I think allowing them to at least get a turn in picking is fair. I don't have a problem with the 5 members 5 votes deal, but some have requested we follow along in same way until others have had a chance to pick. I think we should allow them that. But pming them and waiting to see if they will reply seems like tooo much trouble on you. If they are actively reading the thread or care to be a part of it, then they will know to speak up or forever hold their peace.

I didn't mind the one person a week choices either, so it wouldn't make a difference to me if it stayed that way as well.

I understand that, but this is where it runs into problems. First of all, that means it goes back to 1 person a week, which is no problem, but that means if it gets as big as we had it last time, people still would not be picked. Especially, if we are doing the seasons by 12 weeks at a time. Second of all, I have no idea who has not been able to pick a game yet. Please post here if you have not been able to pick a game yet, then I can get a list going. I guess Enduro is not the game until we get all this figured out, and I guess we're going back to 1 PM a week. Until we get this figured out, then we'll play.

Hi there!

Especially, if we are doing the seasons by 12 weeks at a time.

Hm... I don't really see any advantage of limiting it to 12 weeks, I'd be for a complete 2005 season. This whole thing started out as a "Game of the Week" thing, so there should be something on every week.

That's just my opinion, but then I'm not competing on the HSC as a whole, but only on certain games. I rather look at my actual weeks ranking than the position in the big list.

...Please post here if you have not been able to pick a game yet, then I can get a list going ... I guess we're going back to 1 PM a week

I think that's good. Compile a list out of those remaining members that still want to exercise their vote from the last season and then just start over with adding all other wannabe members of season 2 to that list. Will remove all the "dead" entries and no one will get angry because he didn't get his chance.

Another thing I'd like to add is that IMHO the games list should not get resetted yet. I think it's yet too early to repeat the season 1 games already...

Greetings,

Manuel

This is the first chance I've had today to get on the Internet, so that suggests I will continue to be really busy, but I have submitted a few scores, and I've been following the stats for each week. So I'm still interested in participating even though I can't guarantee that I'll play soon.

Member List  

mikeftrevino, Paul Slocum, fsuinnc, Gamemaster_ca_2003, Robert M, DeV0, Gateway, Mendon, Fretwobbler, PaulEMoz, killersquirel, shining slade, chadtower, gospeedde, stayrunner, Big Player, Swingtown, Chris++, hotpants, hobbles, taxman, Ze_ro, maibock, moycon, somePUNK, Saldo, Stingray, Kepone, xmetalhedx, chrisbid, Kialan, Jeffy Arensmeyer, Keir, ToddRogers, Numan, iguana, LU8, jeepnut24, Albert, Tsukasa, Adrian M, dykesr, EricDeLee, Thomas Jentzsch, The 8th Passenger, the 5th ghost, Bunsen, atari_wizard, jedijeff, davepesc, maximebeauvais, buzzguy, bjk7382, khryssun, HermChase, wiz21mx, karnov, Goochman, NE146, keilbaca, vb_master, Sora, Malc74, sabeen557, 128bytes, Fellow Atari Man, liquid_sky, InanimateCarbonRod, Krazy_kamino, pmpddytim, cuteycat2, kemsted, Xot, Scooterb23, elviticus, Dan Iacovelli, LarcenTyler, RadioFSoftware, sku_u, no attack, Kurushimi, Blackjack, fedechab, gamerz, mvigor, Nateo, Cybergoth, A2600, Lord Thag, homerwannabee, lost child, Osbo, Happy_Dude, video game addict, neotokeo2001, Spirantho, vdub_bobby, chubsta, seanwookie, bobafett07728

Above is the list of who's on the "pick" list. You can see that I put my username and Ze_ro's in bold, and there's not that many people left who have yet to pick a game. Can anybody verify this, as I don't know how many people were added after Ze_ro's name :?:

I remember signing up before the first week of competition started, so some of us have been waiting since the beginning. Would the people who signed up recently be willing to resign up for the new HSC, thus making the list shorter?

I only skimmed through the last few pages of this thread, but I'll chime in that I agree with everything, except I would like to see the above list adhered to until Ze-ro's name comes up again.

The 5 people- pick- a- game idea seems good to me if the above remaining people get a chance to chime in on choosing that game. Once we start repeating names, then you can start a new signup and order of who the 5 people- picks next, and do away with the above list.

Also, I agree with those who want to keep introducing new games for a while, instead of repeating a game already played.

Does anybody have a complete list of all the games played thus far, so those of yet to choose will know what hasn't been played yet?

Thanks, keilbaca and Ze_ro, for their great work keeping the 2600 HSC going! :)

Weston 8)

This is the first chance I've had today to get on the Internet, so that suggests I will continue to be really busy, but I have submitted a few scores, and I've been following the stats for each week. So I'm still interested in participating even though I can't guarantee that I'll play soon.

Member List  

mikeftrevino, Paul Slocum, fsuinnc, Gamemaster_ca_2003, Robert M, DeV0, Gateway, Mendon, Fretwobbler, PaulEMoz, killersquirel, shining slade, chadtower, gospeedde, stayrunner, Big Player, Swingtown, Chris++, hotpants, hobbles, taxman, Ze_ro, maibock, moycon, somePUNK, Saldo, Stingray, Kepone, xmetalhedx, chrisbid, Kialan, Jeffy Arensmeyer, Keir, ToddRogers, Numan, iguana, LU8, jeepnut24, Albert, Tsukasa, Adrian M, dykesr, EricDeLee, Thomas Jentzsch, The 8th Passenger, the 5th ghost, Bunsen, atari_wizard, jedijeff, davepesc, maximebeauvais, buzzguy, bjk7382, khryssun, HermChase, wiz21mx, karnov, Goochman, NE146, keilbaca, vb_master, Sora, Malc74, sabeen557, 128bytes, Fellow Atari Man, liquid_sky, InanimateCarbonRod, Krazy_kamino, pmpddytim, cuteycat2, kemsted, Xot, Scooterb23, elviticus, Dan Iacovelli, LarcenTyler, RadioFSoftware, sku_u, no attack, Kurushimi, Blackjack, fedechab, gamerz, mvigor, Nateo, Cybergoth, A2600, Lord Thag, homerwannabee, lost child, Osbo, Happy_Dude, video game addict, neotokeo2001, Spirantho, vdub_bobby, chubsta, seanwookie, bobafett07728

Above is the list of who's on the "pick" list. You can see that I put my username and Ze_ro's in bold, and there's not that many people left who have yet to pick a game. Can anybody verify this, as I don't know how many people were added after Ze_ro's name :?:

I remember signing up before the first week of competition started, so some of us have been waiting since the beginning. Would the people who signed up recently be willing to resign up for the new HSC, thus making the list shorter?

I only skimmed through the last few pages of this thread, but I'll chime in that I agree with everything, except I would like to see the above list adhered to until Ze-ro's name comes up again.

The 5 people- pick- a- game idea seems good to me if the above remaining people get a chance to chime in on choosing that game. Once we start repeating names, then you can start a new signup and order of who the 5 people- picks next, and do away with the above list.

Also, I agree with those who want to keep introducing new games for a while, instead of repeating a game already played.

Does anybody have a complete list of all the games played thus far, so those of yet to choose will know what hasn't been played yet?

Thanks, keilbaca and Ze_ro, for their great work keeping the 2600 HSC going! :)

Weston 8)

I was going to get rid of the member list completely, and only add members as they play. You can find what we played so far Here and you cannot pick a game that has been chosen already. As for the people who didn't get to pick yet, then doing the 5 and voting, that's fine with me, that'll get the HSC on a roll before voting comes along. As I get the posts on who has picked yet, as they bring it to my attention, and as I check it on the current list, is the order of the PM's. So far, Gateway is the closest, so as of now, he has the leading PM for the 1st week.