IGNORED

Home Vision (updated list on first post!)

Rom Hunter

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

News from the Home Vision front:

My colleague sent me this Swedish article from 1984 about Home Vision, which shows (and confirms) several previously unknown, but long assumed Home Vision carts.

The picture was not from the company itself (they would never allow to show their Magic Carpet cart with a torn label), so I have no doubt all these carts were manufactured and (by reading the article) released.

From another article I read about Home Vision's Repro Cart, I know now that the complete Home Vision range exists of no less than 48 titles.

Let's have a look:

Magic Carpet:

- We now know its serial number (VCS 83121), but I still have no idea which game it contains (it's 8K, oriental themed, the game starts with seven lives and has twenty cities to fly over). This could very well be a still unknown VCS game.

Madcycle:

- Has serial number VCS 83138 and carries the label artwork Suntek copied for their Motorcross, so I have no doubt it's the same game. Suntek's Motocross still contains a hidden Home Vision logo in its code, btw.

Motorcross:
- Has serial number VCS 83130. Although the title is identical, I doubt it's the same game as Motocross from Suntek. No idea which game it truly contains.

Pumuckl at the Zoo:
- Has serial number VCS 83131 and is the same game as Suntek's Zoo Fun. This explains why the Suntek game shows the Pumuckl character in the first place. Because most ITT Family games contain the Home Vision logo on screen, I have no doubt their never released Pumuckl I game was a later release than the Home Vision version. BTW: the game is based on code of another Home Vision game: Panda Chase.

Crazy Ski:
- Has serial number VCS 83133 and is the same game as Suntek's Ski Run. It also carries the label artwork Suntek copied for their Ski Run.

Dragon Power:
- Has serial number VCS 83116 and is the same game as Suntek's Dragon Defender. It carries the label artwork Suntek copied for their Dragon Defender.

Colour Fight:
- Has serial number VCS 83139 and is the same game as Suntek's Spectracube Invasion. It carries the label artwork Suntek copied for their Spectracube Invasion. Could be that ZiMAGs Immies & Aggies is still the earlier version, though.

Chase Robber:
- Has serial number VCS 83140. The description in the article describes Suntek's Criminal Persuit, so I have no doubt it's the same game. Could be that Vidco's A Mysterious Thief is the earlier version, though.

Whales:
- Interesting one, this. In old Home Vision lists, this title was already presented. It carries serial number VCS 83125 and is most probably the same game as Datatech's Seal to Whales.

Guignol:
- The famous French puppet clown. Has serial number VCS 83129 and is the same game as Suntek's Walker in which the main character is a clown. The artwork was copied by Suntek and can also be seen on Quelle's Schussel, der Polizistenschreck. Old Home Vision lists carry the name Clown Down Town, which could have been a WIP title of this game (several Home Vision games carried vaporware end label titles in their ads).

Pumuckl at the Farm House:
- Has serial number VCS 83122 and is the same game as Suntek's Farmyard Fun. This explains why the Suntek game shows the Pumuckl character and musical theme in the first place. Home Vision also had a Pumuckl based game in their Colecovision range, BTW.

Robin:
- Has serial number VCS 83110. I still have no idea which game this is.

Fire Spinner:
- Has serial number VCS 83141 and is the same game as Suntek's Firebug. It carries the label artwork Suntek copied for their Firebug. Could be that Vidco's Spinning Fireball is still the earlier version, though.

I've updated the first post of this topic to show all the known Home Vision games and the games that are most probably Home Vision titles too.

Here's the updated list (sorted by serial number) in our database:
http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-p_total-page-step-publisher-order_44-1-200-2037-serial_2_G.html

Enjoy!

Rom

8)

home_vision_article.thumb.jpg.65e7a63e3ff79aeadd09457e0fa2e664.jpg

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find myself out of the Home Vision loop for a while to find that Rom's amazed me again with another splendid find. Well done, old chap.

If I might wanna add my two cents as to what games/hacks of pre-existing games could possibly be Home Vision:

-Bomb's never released "Splendour"

-MASH hack with submarines/Katastrophen-Einstatz

-Stampede hack with jellyfish (although this could actually be from Datatech)

2 hours ago, Clown Down Town said:

I find myself out of the Home Vision loop for a while to find that Rom's amazed me again with another splendid find. Well done, old chap.

If I might wanna add my two cents as to what games/hacks of pre-existing games could possibly be Home Vision:

-Bomb's never released "Splendour"

-MASH hack with submarines/Katastrophen-Einstatz

-Stampede hack with jellyfish (although this could actually be from Datatech)

Thanks!

Splendour fits indeed right into the VCS 83115 position (after the other four Bomb titles).

Could very well be a Home Vision original.

8)