IGNORED

Flashback unit on sale at Target for $27.77

Do the controllers fit a regular Atari? I figure it may be a shot for me to get some decent controllers. For that matter, does the "extra" paddle in the Atari 2 person paddle set fit a regular system (they're on clearance here, and I could really a paddle so I could at least play Warlords!

In case you can't tell, I have 2 Atari's waiting for me to use them, but no controllers :sad:

Unfortunately in New England, yard sales are the best way to get stuff but those don't start for awhile!

Hmmmm This must have just went on sale Sunday?

We were in Target Saturday and they had a pile of them, but still listed at $39.99  

I think I'd pick one up for $19.99 but that's the max I'll pay.

Ditto, I think anything higher than 20 is ridiculous. Call me old fashioned.

In case you can't tell, I have 2 Atari's waiting for me to use them, but no controllers  :sad:  

Unfortunately in New England, yard sales are the best way to get stuff but those don't start for awhile!

Whereabouts in NE are you? I can send some controllers your way at cost. You can also use Sega Genesis controllers. :wink:

In case you can't tell, I have 2 Atari's waiting for me to use them, but no controllers  :sad:  

Whereabouts in NE are you? I can send some controllers your way at cost. You can also use Sega Genesis controllers. :wink:

I'm in Maine. Unfortunately, I had a place that I was all set to buy a used Genesis this weekend and they sold it out from under me :x

I do have a store I use for games 8bit and up (so no Atari) so I think I'll be hitting them for a Genesis (or at least controllers) within the next week or so. If I have no luck, I'll let you know. I may even hit an indoor flea market in the next week or two, since I know I could probably find one there (depending on the cost)

Why does anyone want this?  I hear people calling it crap and then in the next sentence saying the will buy one when it get's cheap enough. :?  I assume just for collectibility reasons and resale 20 years down the road.  Hmmm.... I probably just answered my own question.

I don't think its that bad of a thing, plus it looks cool. I really basically want one to have one, I guess.

Hmmmm This must have just went on sale Sunday?

We were in Target Saturday and they had a pile of them, but still listed at $39.99.   I think I'd pick one up for $19.99 but that's the max I'll pay.

Yes .. Sunday .. flier in the Sunday paper. I saw them at Target yesterday also .. but I passed on it. I think $10 max is what I will pay for it.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Wow, I'm surprised that this piece of mediocrity has aroused such strong passions in so many! I'm the first to admit that it's not my favourite plug & play device, but I found it to be a reasonable buy for offering a decent port of Planet Smashers and Saboteur at the same price that I'd spent getting each of these separately. I also like the fact that it does offer some historical information about the 7800 on its on-screen menu.