IGNORED

Favorite Arcade of all time

Zonie

Oh yeah, I hear you about suck-e-cheese.

I was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the annual video game convention (I'm going this year too!!)

The chuck-E-cheese there was JUST AWFUL.

Ok, in its defense, it had a pretty cool game where it felt like a rollarcoaster, and another one something like Dinosaur Shoot Them first person shooter.

But the pizza there was completely crap! And the atmosphere was driving me literally insane, it was all dirty and gross.

I used to LOVE Chunky Cheese, I would beg my parents to take me to one so I could play games all day, but now they just don't have the draw.

I think it was the 80's magic, that is totally lost now.

Maybe I sense jadedness, cynical traits in the world. Or maybe I'm like that, and I'm projecting.

But nothing seems fun like it was in the past, the 80's was just a wonder piled on top of more wonder.

Nowdays everyone is driven towards some goal they see pumped into their brains by the media. Nothing is relaxed, everything is so rushed. No time just to play games at leisure, life has to be some grand purpose for some reason. No time just to smile and relax and play a game, since this goal mentality has even infected me too. So I'm like, why am I playing pac-man when I could be out saving the world, or being some important person with fame and fortune. When I was a kid, I never thought even one millisecond about goal junk. Ignorance IS bliss. More thoughts invade me like "you know there are arcade games only so other people can make money at your expense, and then have their dam goals met". "So you should make a game yourself instead of playing them to extract money from other people, so then you'll have more money to get closer to some other dam goal". It is a real drag on having fun playing a game.

Long live Atari, it brings back memories of nicer days.

I'd plug it in, but my infected head would just say: "There's more constructive uses of your time". Or the neverending non-verbal messages, and even more obvious ones from my relatives that portray the message that I should "move on," or "grow up" or something. Well I try to interact out there with people, but all I see is RUSH RUSH RUSH, faster faster, quick become rich, have 1 trillion kids, before you die quick!

Or around the corner sumguy is trying to scam me out of my money, so he can get to his stupid goal. So he and his wifey can go live on some island doing nothing.

So if I find some wife, maybe then they'll get off my back, and accept the fact that I just want to have fun my whole brief life.

So a fantasy would go something like this:

I have a nice house, wife, little doggy, white fence, and some bird house in the backyard so I can show to the whole media lobotomized world, so then I can just play games, so these messages stop invading me about some purpose I "should" have. Dam expectations.

Rant Off.

Stepping back for a moment from my irrational rant, I think the term would be "maladjusted".

So when I think I'm having fun at the milwaukee convention, sum dick guy selling blue balls drink says "You have the gear (like some games I picked up), now top it off with the drink (or make it complete; something like that)". So he was just poking fun at convention goers, but I caught the message loud and clear of his low regard for people he thinks he can just scam because they "must be losers for liking games," for the reasons I mentioned above about the media dicating purpose. It didn't make me happy at all.

It just makes me hostile. As a kid his statement would've been meaningless, I wouldn't have detected the sarcastic vicious edge on his statement.