IGNORED

2004 Stan's Atari Excellence Awards

Albert

Hey Robert,

It'll be no problem to create a new binary with your name spelled correctly. Sorry about that. I did take time to check the spelling of everything, but this error slipped through. Don't take it personally; I've been known to make typos with English words too.

Zach

Al, Zach, and Stan,

Hey don't worry about it. Like I said, my name gets mutilated all the time. I think the sequence of letters is just so wrong to the english speaking mind that some built in error correction of the brain scrambles the letters and the writer is convinced its correct because, hey their brain tells them it is correct.

The really funny thing about my name is that when people hear it from others before meeting me, lots of people think I am Chinese. Mund-Chow, like Chow Mein I guess :P

Cheers!

I can only imagine how many misspellings you get. My name get misspelled all the time, and it ain't all that difficult.

First name wise, I've had:

Nathon

Nathen

Nathun (which I have on a bowling trophy, thank you)

Mason

and my favorite:

Nathien

Last name, I've had:

Strom

Sturm

Stern

Strumn

Strumme

and someone just gave up, and wrote:

Smith

I actually look forward to new misspellings, just to see how creative people can get. :roll:

Hey don't worry about it.

I'm not worried. It took around 5 minutes to fix your name with a hacking tool. I don't want you to have a cart with your name misspelled, and I suspect Al and Stan feel the same way.

lots of people think I am Chinese. Mund-Chow, like Chow Mein I guess

I can see that. I had a Vietnamese classmate with a somewhat similar name: My Chau.

I'm not worried. It took around 5 minutes to fix your name with a hacking tool. I don't want you to have a cart with your name misspelled, and I suspect Al and Stan feel the same way.

Yes, I feel the same way, and I already have the binary Zach sent me (thanks!), so expect a new cart in the mail next week. :)

..Al

Yes, I feel the same way, and I already have the binary Zach sent me (thanks!), so expect a new cart in the mail next week. :)

..Al

Thanks guys!

An inexcusable error has been made on my part. Along with the other notable hacks of 2004, I had meant to include GodMedia's MACROSS: Zentran Attack hack. This fabulous hack of Defender brings new life to the classic in a decidedly anime style. Fans of the old MACROSS series will find particular joy in the ship designs and color themes. A great deal of time and effort was put into this hack and it really shows. This really is one of the premier hacks of 2004!

Sorry for the omission.

post-409-1108168427_thumb.jpg