IGNORED

Looking for an old driving game

zerbey

Perhaps some veteran Atari users can help me find this game...

I've been thinking for many years that a game called Grand Prix 2 existed and it was one of my favourite Atari 2600 games. Can I find it? No. Conclusions are that my addled memory is wrong or that it had a different name in Europe.

Here is what I remember:

Cartridge and Box (Silver):

Had a picture of two F1-Style cars blue and read racing around a corner

Game:

Overhead view of a race track and the idea was to race the red and blue cars against each other, I believe the track colour was black and everything else apart from the cars was green. You could pick up a speed and traction powerups and there where such hazards as the wall, each other and oil slicks.

'Twas fun, I wasted 2 entire summers with various friends playing this game to death. Now it appears I can't find it Unfortunately, my copy is 4,000 miles away in England along with the rest of my Atari games+ system so I can't go dig it out and find the game (at least, not without a lot of expense!).

Anyone remember this game? Have I got the name wrong or is it just not available? I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it!

Chris

You say, that you from Europe. But I think the game Speedway II (Sears Version from the Atari Game Street Racer) are only avaible in NTSC?

I not know if the Atari Version Street Racer is avaible in PAL, but I think all Sears games are NTSC only. Or was I wrong?

And the Box and Cartridge are not Silver:

Speedway II

Maybe you have it for years, but this is an NTSC Version I think.

Sprintmaster, not Speedway II my reply misquoted (apologies). Yes, was released in the UK in PAL format. I do still have the box and cartridge somewhere, possibly in my parent's loft. When I visit England next year I'll see if I can dig it out and scan it in for this site.