IGNORED

While in my local game shop...

Great Hierophant

which I seldom frequent, because the guy there marks up his items 100% over their online prices, he happened to have a six switch model in his case and some other items. He showed me a Kid's Controller and a loose Cookie Monster Munch and went on about how rare it is, how he could get $100 for them. Being slightly ignorant of the rarity of the kid's stuff, what could I do but nod my head. He also goes on about his six switcher, telling me that it plays like new, in top condition, etc. I take a look at it and flip the switches. When I get to the Game Select Switch, I break the chrome switch off with just a normal pull. Needless to say I quickly put it down and soon I was gone.

Thift proprietors always seem to think they have ultra rare stuff that's worth a mint just because it's 25 years old. Last summer I went on a thrift run to a local, large scale flea. He had about 10 2600 games -- all commons, mostly Activision, all had utter crap labels. He wanted $10 each. I left giggling...

My local used book store sells used video games and thier systems. I go there to find rare gems every so often. I am always ammused to see them price a Vader with five or six common games bundled for seventy dollars. I'm always equally ammused to see that system gone a few weeks later. The guy in charge of the games section always gives me the evil eye every time I react to some of their pricing. My faves are the three dollar pacmans and e.t.'s as if, because they are a historical artifact, they are worth more.

on time a "friend of mine tried to sell me a bunch old nintendo games for 50$ each! He boasted about having such amazing titles of super mario brothers and teenage mutant ninja trutles.I tried to tell him these were all common games worth about 2 bucks each,he pf corse thought i was trying to screw him. He told me "i know these are worth alot these are OLD nintendo game from the ORIGINAL nintendo" I left him to belive that and he successfully sold all of his 33 nes games for 50$ each on ebay. Good for him.

He also goes on about his six switcher, telling me that it plays like new, in top condition, etc.  I take a look at it and flip the switches.  When I get to the Game Select Switch, I break the chrome switch off with just a normal pull.  Needless to say I quickly put it down and soon I was gone.

So you went into someones store, looked at their goods, broke them, then quickly left before they found out? :roll:

:lol: This thread's funny :D

When I read it above, I thought he said that he put it down as soon as he left. Like he dropped it outside in the parking lot after he left. I bet that shop owner is pissed, probably decreased the value buy 10-15% Now he'll only be able to ask $85 for it. :P

maybe market it as the rare 5 switch Atari..

Years ago at a flea market I remember coming across a 2600 4 switch with a broken silver switch. I offered the lady $5 for it .. telling her that I would fix it. She declined. I already had about 4 consoles at that time. All I wanted to do was fix it and add it to the collection! Sheesh! :roll: Well I hope something good came of it eventually!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA