IGNORED

Makers of game stake claim to MAME

Jess Ragan

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here's another update. David Foley has been replying to posts on BYOAC and KLOV(probably others too but these are the only I know of that he has) about the case. Here's some of his posts:

"[this trial] Has no affect on NanoTech, Future Pinball or anything else. This stems from a civil case that has been going on for 3 years, and not getting the traction they wanted, Global VR filed criminal complaints. Remember, this is America, innocent until proven guilty."

"The civil suit has been going on for three years. They made the same claims in the civil suit, and I made my claims about failure to pay for the UltraCade Technologies purchase. When they weren't getting the results they wanted, they filed complaints with the FBI and started in on the criminal suit."

"[the charges filed against me are] Completely without merit. I've already presented a lot of documentation that refutes every claim in every count. I can't comment on specific details of the case. This will be a long process as it's a very complex case but I'm confident I will be vindicated."

"I'm not embarrassed in the least. [...] I appeared at the CAX Expo one week after the indictment came down. I was there, and many people saw me, and many people discussed the case. I didn't avoid the show, nor would I have any reason too." --this one surprised me, I think if I was in his shoes I'd realize that this is an embarrassing situation.

Even if the charges are all dropped and he doesn't get in any trouble over this, it's still extremely ironic that he was indicted on these charges, and at least it will let the MAME community look back at it all and laugh. I'm guessing that he's not nearly as innocent as he claims to be, though, but we'll let the courts decide that.

Regardless of how this all pans out with his trial, he is going to be a high risk individual that many mid to high profile companies are not going to want to deal with. In the course of the last few years he has created to many ripples in an otherwise peaceful pond. In the technology industry, disruptive ripples are NOT welcomed. Productive ripples that encourage change for the better are smaller, subtle, and understandable. He obviously doesn't comprehend that. He has a "Get rich quick" mentality.