IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 6: Demolition Herby

Ze_ro

This game is soooooo frustrating. After taking a break for a couple of days (for the sake of my sanity) I went back and tried again, and to my great surprise more than doubled my score to 7389.

The frustrating thing is that most of my lives were lost in multiple collisions. I mean, I lost 4 lives in the space of about 5 seconds at one point! :x

It's honestly been a long, long time since I've come across as much of a bloody-minded game as this one is. The thing is, once you get into the swing of things you're bowling along having a merry old time until crash, crash, crash - there go three of your lives in two seconds flat! :x :x

Anyway, that's my score for now - I'm off to kick the cat around the house for a while. :evil:

post-4591-1109373468_thumb.png

a very slight improvement up to 5823, I won't bore you with a screenshot, or eat up bandwidth for that small of an improvement, but I have it if you need it. Instead, let's take a look at yet another thing about this game that baffles me:

Look at the screenshot below, and explain HOW my game can be over. Doesn't seem like it should, and yet it was. :x :x :x :x

post-409-1109374287_thumb.jpg

Look at the screenshot below, and explain HOW my game can be over.  Doesn't seem like it should, and yet it was. :x  :x  :x  :x

What the deal is, when you're very close to a multiple of a thousand points so you can get an extra car, and you do something (like complete a square) that earns you enough for that extra car, but then you get killed before the rolling score adds up, the game's already over...a glitch, in other words.

post-3650-1109374742.jpg

a very slight improvement up to 5823, I won't bore you with a screenshot, or eat up bandwidth for that small of an improvement, but I have it if you need it.  Instead, let's take a look at yet another thing about this game that baffles me:

Look at the screenshot below, and explain HOW my game can be over.  Doesn't seem like it should, and yet it was. :x  :x  :x  :x

It happends to me too. Using my last life, lost it, in the final score, I passed the 10.000, got a life, but I lost the game... oh well :P

I can't get my mind made up about this game wether is challenging or just plain frustrating.  :roll:

Both :D

Gah! Don't know WHAT the deal was tonight, here in the last few nights, usually within playing only about 45 minutes (or even less), I'd beat my high score...don't know HOW damn long I was playing it tonight, it must've been a couple of bleepin' HOURS, which I only beat my last score by about 500. Feh; I immediately quit there.

One thing that really sucks is when you knock cars off, and sometimes they get right back on...I had one game tonight where I knocked off the fast car, it got back on, I tried to complete a square, it was back AGAIN, I completed a couple of squares, it was on the track again! I was going, WHAT IS THIS SH*T?!

Boy, the Gaming Gods were dealing me some bad karma tonight, or something...good night!

post-3650-1109400113.jpg

IF you can get to the third round, and the enemy cars stop stealing your paint, the game gets much easier. Its those first two rounds that are really tough. Once they leave your paint alone, you can really ignore them for the most part. I have also learned that despite my instinct to speed through this game, its really a patience game, I need to take my time more.

A slight improvement again, although with the scores you people put up, I'm not sure why I bother. :) I am in awe of what you are able to do. :)

post-409-1109401003_thumb.jpg

try to get all three cars out of the board, then using overdrive, paint like crazy, making squares of two. then the cars will get back into the board one by one, chase it, knock it out, and paint like crazy again. with good timing you'll get a good score.

WOW. Never thought this possible. Just played the game of my life! 13416!!!!!

Once I got past round 2 and they stopped stealing my paint, it was much easier. I only really died because I got greedy and tried to knock a car off when I shouldn't have.

No matter, I am very happy!

post-409-1109467644_thumb.jpg

I'm getting the hang of this! I can now, reasonably, hit the cars and avoid being hit with some regularity, and I'm getting to round 3 more often than not

Who knows, if I keep this up, I might challenge for the top spot! Something I never thought I would be able to do! :) :) :) :)

:o

post-409-1109488492_thumb.jpg

damn you keilbaca!  That second slot was MINE!  And here I thought I was pulling ahead. :x  :P  :D  

Well, I see where the rest of my day will be spent! ;)  

At least I'm finally a contenda. :)  

Damn, that's an awesome score. Congratulations. It took me all weekend, but I finally managed to break 10K. I scored 10,216. I had 3 lives when I broke 10K, but lost my cool and lost all 3 at the same time. 10K's definitely my limit on this game. Every score the past few days has ranged between about 7500 and that.

I wonder if we'll see a new top score before this game's over?