IGNORED

7800.com

AtariKen64

The website looks nice, although a few parts aren't quite lined up. Given the state of HTML, that is perfectly acceptable.

But 20+ Flash object on a single page ?!?! That is ridiculous. Are you sure you can't find a way to present the information without using so many Flash things or other plugins?

I almost didn't notice while using Mozilla, but I decided I would try Internet Explorer since the claim was made that the pages were designed with IE in mind. It asked me once for each Flash object if I wanted to download Flash. Clearly Microsoft's fault for thinking that everyone would want to install every plugin ever used (can you say security risk?), but still really obnoxious.

Yeah there are some things we are still working on. We didnt want to delay the site launch any further though, there will always be things that need perfecting. I know that in netscape, things just dont seem to line up very well right now, but everything should work fine in Explorer. We haven't had any obnoxious messages pop up for flash download, but that sounds like something microsoft would do. And again were working on it. We are designing it so that your computer only has to access an image or flash object once, saving it to the cache. Once you go back to navigate again, they should load much faster.

Either way its the best we could do for now. But we do want to hear all of your complaints as we continue to refine the site. You can email me directly at AtariSuperhero@aol.com with any concerns.

Justin

quote:

Originally posted by Viso:

But 20+ Flash object on a single page ?!?! That is ridiculous. Are you sure you can't find a way to present the information without using so many Flash things or other plugins?

Thanks for this tip, I'll be checking it out with Mozilla.

E

Just a few updates for those of you feeling a bit dissapointed...

We didnt realize that the site wasnt netscape-friendly until just recently. To be quite honest, the site really wasnt ready to launch today, but we were tired of making people wait so we hurried it out the door before we could perfect these problems. We havent turned a blind eye to the problems though.

Also, we are well aware that a few links were broken today, and there are some spelling errors, etc. These are all things we didnt catch in pre-launch testing and we are working hard to correct these problems within the next few days. Keep in mind this is a brand new site and there are alot of pages to go through.

We are adding a direct link to these very message boards from our system pages. Look for the small Atari Age Icon on the left to appear within the week. Click on it, and it will take you right here.

Other sections that should be up and running this month include game reviews, tips and tricks, and the FAQ.

If you notice anything else that is not working, please dont hesitate to email us. This site is for you guys to enjoy, and we want to make it enjoyable for you.

Justin

Atari 7800.com

AtariSuperhero@aol.com

wekll i was expecting a big launch at 12:01 am like when star wars opens !

Thats funny, that's exactly what we were going to do... but last night at 12:01 am I was hard at work, trying to make sure it would even launch today. Things got pretty backed up and I was working thru the night. I had it up by 11am Pacific so I dont think that was too bad : )

...now its on to fix everything thats wrong

Cya

Justin

PS- I just want to add that we have nothing to do with what Joe Rivera puts on his site. We linked to it because we thought it was funny, but its really sorta psycho now that I get a look at it.

Wow you guys are really excited!

I just wanted to let you know all know that the site officially launched today at 2:00 pm Eastern Standard time. I hope you guys enjoy it!

By the way, we are in need of game reviewers, as well as tips & tricks for 7800 games. If anybody has anything they would like to submit, you can email me directly at AtariSuperhero@aol.com. Dont forget to include your name and email so we can credit you for your help.

Justin

PS- Thanks for hanging in there with us Fish.

• 1 month later...

007- I don't know what to tell ya. We designed the site to be 100% compataible with Explorer and I've never had a problem. Maybe you should try a direct link to the home page....

http://www.atari7800.com/delta

Hopefully that will work. If not, try visiting our other sites at www.TurboGrafx-16.com, and www.ManhattanDM.com. You can link to 7800.com from both of those. If you keep having problems, just email me directly and Ill try to work with you on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my site parked at atari7800.com. it is my site and not thers and i didalot of it all on my own. i got history and pictures and it is the home of the atari super gamg. also there is the story for each of the people in the atari super gang and my fan mail and my video interview that you can download and its all about atari and me. also the ladies of atari are there and raiders of the lost carts and other interviews too.

www.atari7800.com/joe

I hope you like my site thanx joe.

I got my site parked at atari7800.com. it is my site and not thers and i didalot of it all on my own. i got history and pictures and it is the home of the atari super gamg. also there is the story for each of the people in the atari super gang and my fan mail and my video interview that you can download and its all about atari and me. also the ladies of atari are there and raiders of the lost carts and other interviews too.

www.atari7800.com/joe

Joe, I think some people have already commented on this but I wanted to add that I really enjoyed your piece on the 'Ladies of Atari', great stuff!

-O

www.atari7800.com/joe

Joe, I think some people have already commented on this but I wanted to add that I really enjoyed your piece on the 'Ladies of Atari', great stuff!

-O

wow thank you that means alot to me. i have to credit justin from atari7800.com for that cause he is the creative guy who comes up with this stuff and also he is helping me on the 'raiders of the lost carts' page which used to be on the way-old atari 7800.com page and has lots of games for the 7800 and 2600 that never came out but would have been funny if they had like "Mr T vs. Mr Belvedere: A-Team Action, Butler Fun!" and then chips chase and you know long dong donkey kong and all them games.

but i thank you, oesii for the complements it means alot cause i was worried that my site wouldnt live up to its reputation but it is better than my old site i think. and thank you, thanx joe.

but i thank you, oesii for the complements it means alot cause i was worried that my site wouldnt live up to its reputation but it is better than my old site i think. and thank you, thanx joe.

It easily lives up to its good reputation, its great that original and funny humor is still being created about these old ataris at the same time other parts of 7800.com are being informative. You guys are doing a public service I think. :thumbsup:

-O

It easily lives up to its good reputation, its great that original and funny humor is still being created about these old ataris at the same time other parts of 7800.com are being informative. You guys are doing a public service I think. :thumbsup:

-O

Thats funny you say that oesii cause like that how i got to be on the site. i wanted my fabulous web page and my atari super-gang to have a good place you know for a home on line and justin and jon and all them guys i knew jon from the store and they told me about the 7800.com site and i told him i want to be in it and he says okay and they will let my site be the funny part of the site but that they need to help me with images and pictures and you know all the things you see on the page and then they also help come up with the good ideas for some of the things and then i type it up inside of a page that looks just like other 7800.com pages so it fits right.

I am glad that you like my fabulous website i try to have it be funny and keep people knowing about the atari and justin says that my site is hand and hand with his as long as i dont always talk about uncle gary taking me out to his special tool shed and giving it to me and then making me walk it off or about uncle garys extream hatred of all forieng people that i can put whatever else i want on my great web page so i made it all about me an d the supergang and my love for the atari. the only thing they do is the woman of atari and the raiders of the lost carts the rest is all about me.eeeee

if you got help for my site then that is cool i like to get help from people with good ideas. thank you joe/.

Thats really strange. I know that right now Atari 7800.com isn't the most Netscape-friendly website out there but I've never had anybody tell me that they just can't get to it.

Is anybody else facing a situation like this? I would like to make sure that everybody who wants to can visit and enjoy our website!

Best,

I just tried to get to atari7800.com with Mozilla 1.0 on Linux. The site came up without problems besides some formatting issues. I wonder if slimy007 is having problems with DNS.

The GIF images at the top of the delta page that feature a 7800 look like they have been through severe JPEG compression. Of course, if they were JPEG images, they would be a lot smaller.