IGNORED

Battle Of The Planets

s0c7

Hi gang,

Have lurked AA for quite some time now. Thought I'd try to make my 1st post somewhat more interesting than the usual "what are the 10 best 2600 games?". Anyway, this is literally my 1st hack attempt, so judge it accordingly.

The plot is intentionally hazy (makes it more fun - fit it to your favorite episode). Spectra has stolen/created something (Conway tapes, weapon, whatever) and you have to break into their base to retrieve/steal it. In the meantime, the Great Spirit (Sosai X, Luminous One, whatever) has become fed up with Zoltar's bungling and is guarding the object in question personally with manifestations of himself (note: to nitpickers, he personally got involved in the episode Zoltar got unmasked, so this isn't a 100% deviation from the show).

Normal Infiltrate rules apply.

Yaaaa! I love it when lurkers emerge! Even better when they come out hacking! A BotP hack! Very cool.

Nice work for your first go. The player sprite looks really good and I love the explosions. The G's for the extra lives is a nice touch. I really wish there was more to hack in Infiltrate because it has a lot of potential!

Great work! :)

Thanks for the kind words.

Actually I had considered trying to hack Street Racer in BotP mode too. Jason for the car games, Princess motorcycle, Mark airplane, Phoenix to replace the skier, Keyop's weird whatever for the scoop games. But I had forgotten just how many variations it had. Don't have that kind of time right now.

I would like to encourage anybody who hasn't tried it yet to give hacking a shot.

Edited by s0c7

Thanks. Like I said, it was my first attempt. Given how much I love the show I kind of wish I had waited to do a BotP game until after I had a few under my belt. Maybe I'll return to it later and try to do something a little more involved. My plan is to work my way up systematically, do a graphic only hack (done), do a graphic hack w/color changes (done), do a graphic hack w/color changes and major gameplay changes (working on it - hopefully I won't be banned from the boards when everybody sees what game it is. :ponder: )

Very cool Legos! How many sets did you have to buy to get that many red/blues? I used to be a big Lego freak and right now my son is a big Mega Block freak (he prefers them to Duplos). We mostly build dinosaurs with it but when he gets just a little older BotP might be a cool thing to try.

• 1 year later...
s0c7,

I have a question:

Was Pirate a finished game or a prototype?

8)

Depends on which version you are talking about. The early versions and the one from the minigame compo should probably be considered as alpha/beta prototypes. I have the last pre-compo version on cart, so I sort of consider it to be the 1st beta prototype.

The version on the current build of the multicart is what I consider to be the "final" one.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...dpost&p=1062844

Edited by s0c7