IGNORED

What is your favorite game on the 2600?

txfds

By far mine is Pole Position, however Vanguard and Frogger and Popeye all deserve honorable mention. As I mentioned in the Homebrew section, I had a garage sale console and the button was broken on the player 1 side (the console, not the controller). Thus, game that REQUIRED the button weren't nearly as fun for me.

Pole Position is still one of my all-time top 5 games for any system. NES has two entrants as well, I'm all about the old school. :)

By far mine is Pole Position, however Vanguard and Frogger and Popeye all deserve honorable mention.  As I mentioned in the Homebrew section, I had a garage sale console and the button was broken on the player 1 side (the console, not the controller).  Thus, game that REQUIRED the button weren't nearly as fun for me.

Pole Position is still one of my all-time top 5 games for any system.  NES has two entrants as well, I'm all about the old school. :)

How do you keep Pole Position interesting after you've achieved a perfect score? (I'm still playing it myself)

I seem to play these four games all the time;

jr pac-man

demolition herby

boing! >all three on the multi-cart

wizard of wor /

sometimes I also sit down with my box of Atari silver label arcade games,because that is what Atari was all about--you know,playing the arcade games at home....

How do you keep Pole Position interesting after you've achieved a perfect score? (I'm still playing it myself)

Well, easier said than done. You can't hit the brakes, wreck, and you can only graze the wall 1 or 2 times. I remember still getting a perfect score with two hits on at least one occasion. One of the (seems obvious) secrets is not skidding around the corners, but rather continually tapping.

In all honesty, I haven't played the game in about 8-10 years. I just bought a stack of games off ebay, and of course it was the first one I plopped in. I finished the race, but my score was only 59,000+. I can't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure the perfect score is either 62,360 or 63,260. Depending on the layout, sometimes you can drive a "perfect" race and still get 50 points less (one less car passed). Growing up it stayed interesting because it was one of about five playable games we had, and was by far the coolest of those five. Ah, the joys of actually knowing how to fix an atari now. :)