IGNORED

Interesting tidbit found while web hunting...

Blackjax

Yeah I had stumbled across that a year ago, I meant to point it out to someone but forgot.

What's the problem with the 4th scene in Porky's? When I had my prototype I beat it all the time. You've just got to keep pushing up when your next to a pole (not in front of it, but right next to it) and find the invisible path that lets you go to the top. The scene is frustrating but definetly beatable (In my version at least). All that happens is you go back to the first scene and have a 2x bonus multiplier.

the trick is to find the "magic spot" next to the pole that lets you climb up. It takes a bit of doing, but once you find it you'll know where to look. The path changes every time, just keep climbing and if the up arrow doesn't appear then you took the wrong path so go down a level and try a different post. I had a page about the Colecovision Porky's proto but I took it down when I traded it off. I'll look for the info if you want, it might still be on my computer.

Tempest

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Tempest ]

I thought you meant you had a version where you couldn't do the 4th board. I've seen it posted some places that the 4th board is incomplete, but I think it was just a mistake by people who couldn't figure it out. There doesn't seem to be an ending though which makes me wonder what else is missing.

Tempest

This is something that probably should be added to the archive, as minor a tidbit as it is.

I was doing a quick webhunt, looking for any information about getting past the **** 4th screen in Colecovision Porky's, and I found the homepage of the original programmer - Randall Loren Hyde!

http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~rhyde/resume.htm

He also did the Coleco BASIC for the ADAM computer and a bunch of stuff (mostly hardware) for the Apple II.

Very cool.