IGNORED

Somebody had to do it........

s0c7

I uhmm.... hacked uhm........ FLAG CAPTURE?!?! :???:

See kids.... this is what happens when you start hacking. You've been warned.

FC always seemd like it should have been a good game, but for whatever reason it just didn't work (at least for me). Anyway, this is my attempt to move it from bad to mediocre. Not sure if I achieved that or just a different level of bad.

The game is now called Bigfoot. Yes, you are now looking for Sasquatch instead of the flag (and yes he does look goofy, but it does sort of look like those Indian drawings of him). You track him by finding his footprints scattered through the woods. But beware, he's not he's not the only mysery of the unknown floating around the woods. If you stumble across a UFO the aliens will abduct you, give you an anal probe, and drop you off at your point of origin. :roll:

The game play has gone through a few major changes.

Instead of the numbers displays you now get a nice forest graphic. You have to rely entirely on the directonal clues (footprints) to figure out which way to go.

One of my biggest problems with the game is it just TOO LONG. To that end:

In the timed one-player mode you now only have 20 seconds to find him (as opposed to 75). Given the subject matter, I wanted to make it possible to play a game and not actually find him. If you can find him more than once, you're doing good (or getting good placement). 3 is the best score I've made on these options.

In the free-for-all and double 2-player options the winning total is now 5 instead of 15. And in the 2-player solo options the losing score is now 30 instead of 75.

If you've never played FC before, select option 8 (the 1st solo game) to get a taste of what it's like. Move with the joystick, hit the fire button to see what's in the square you are in.

Don't worry..... I'll quietly fade away for a little while after this one. :D

Usually when someone says "somebody had to do it" the case is that actually no somebody didn't have to do it, but in this case I think I really like the idea. Why the heck not. Seems like a fun thing to do with this game, plus no one has hacked Flag Capture yet, so why not!

Very cool.

I would've posted the source, but a couple of MIB showed up at my door and now I don't have it.

No, actually for all you newbies (like me) I consider this to be a very good "training" game. Disassemble it yourself and take a look.

*cough * LF6F8 *cough*

Remember, some things have "FIXED" values. 'nuff said.