IGNORED

HSC2 Contest 6 - Preppie II

Goochman

This is classic :) - Anyone ever see all the intermissions?  urious is anything special eventually happens?

The intermissions were sort of an afterthought. I was running out of memory and wanted to do four, one after each level, but the first couple I did were fairly large. So, I ended up with four variations on the same basic theme. After level 4, the last one repeats.

After the contest is over, I'll let you know how to skip levels so you can watch them all. For what it's worth. :)

--r

This is classic :) - Anyone ever see all the intermissions?  urious is anything special eventually happens?

The intermissions were sort of an afterthought. I was running out of memory and wanted to do four, one after each level, but the first couple I did were fairly large. So, I ended up with four variations on the same basic theme. After level 4, the last one repeats.

After the contest is over, I'll let you know how to skip levels so you can watch them all. For what it's worth. :)

--r

Any chance of the original programmer submitting a score :) Just play and post thats all that is required :)

Okay, two scores.

First screenshot shows the highest score I remember you can get. Due to the fact that I didn't ever anticipate anyone ever getting as high, the score rolls over at 256,000. (Actually, it pegs at 000,000 and you can't ever change it.)

Second is my best of three real tries. In my defense:

:roll:

--r

We might be the first HSC to have an original programmer submit a score for their title - thanks! :)

"Ruddy" in that sense is quite a "Britishism".

That's what living in London for a couple of years will do to you. I still catch myself saying things like "mobile phone" and "postcode".

I used to drive my coworkers nuts by my American pronunciation of words like "innovative". I found it easier to fit in by adopting the British version. Nowadays, my old dog brain sometimes won't let me revert to my old dog tricks.

And don't get me started on Aluminium. :twisted:

--r

Russ, I just fired up my tape on the real deal and it says "VERSION C1.1". I suppose "C" is for "cassette" but what about the "1.1" thing? Are there several revisions of the game around?

Hmm, I don't remember. We did use to playtest items before shipping, but the cycle of design-develop-ship-die was typically just a matter of weeks. If there was a revision, it was probably to add the intermissions. They were added at literally the last minute.

P! II took me about six weeks to write, start to finish. Like Sea Dragon, somehow pirates got ahold of it before it got to market and flooded BBS's with the program before you could even buy it. On Sea Dragon, I spent four of the six weeks it took to write just on copy protection, to no avail. That's why I ultimately got out of the games business.

P! II was fun to write. Glad you enjoyed it.

--r