IGNORED

Shopping Spree (and more)

Feralstorm

The Pitch:

Janice Jumpstart scours the sprawling toy mall trying to get as many Transformer robot toys as possible for her demanding son before closing time. Like any parent, she knows her snot-nosed kid won't accept anything but his favorites, such as:

Grimlock (gray dino)

Scourge (black robot)

Ultra Magnus (white robot w/ stripes)

Optimus Prime (Red, White and Blue robot, like America!)

Things to watch out for:

Kiddie Pools (why do some have tar in them? Damn kids!)

Fischer Price® Alligator toys (pretty hungry for toys)

Glow-in-the-dark Scorpions (found in the dark basement)

Happy Fun Ball® (Available in two colors. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!)

My Little Pony® (travels in small herds, some are pissed off enough to kill!)

Cheap knockoff robot toys (identifiable by their cheap yellow plastic )

Pokemon® (The Pikachu!! they're EVERYWHERE!)

Hack of: Pitfall (again)

Changes: A lotta stuff, mostly not directly related to gameplay,

Also as a bonus I have a tiny graphic hack of Missile Command I like to call "Thermonuclear Whac-a-Mole", or just "Nuke-a-Mole".

shopspre.bin

post-5896-1110712989_thumb.png

nukemole.bin

post-5896-1110712990_thumb.png

Messing around with Pitfall, I've learned it's not easy at all to make a replacement for the scorpion - that's not impossible to jump over.

On that note, I re-tweaked Luigi's Lunchbreak to address a few criticisms, (will be posting in that thread soon) The scorpion is gone from that one, but staying in this one.

Think I toyed around with the "jump steps" in my early work on Luigi's Lunchbreak, and didn't really come up with anything much better than leaving the jump as-is. Did have some fun mistakes plugging in the wrong values though. (causing Pitfall Harry to do fun things like fall THROUGH the floor, and falling perpetually.)

Gotta appreciate the incredible design of the Pitfall scorpion jump - it's perhaps one of the only things in the game that is still kinda tough to do well once you've got some practice under your belt. If the scorp didn't turn around to chase you while you were jumping it, you'd probably hit it a lot more often.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to play this hack on my new CC2, and on a TV some of the colors get pretty nasty! Yellow things seem to be a source of ugly here. I'll have to tinker with the colors to see if I can find a good balance between how it looks in an emulator and how it looks on a TV.

• 2 weeks later...