IGNORED

Never gonna believe where I found a 2600 cart..

Cassidy Nolen

I was at an EB Game World (trendy mall-type store) and mixed in with the NES and Genesis carts were three Sega Master games. I thought that was pretty keen, so I kept digging around, and there was a Blue Print for 2600, along with a Missile Command. They were both bagged and tagged as trade in games.

When I questioned the moron manager as to their origin, I got the usual answers "we get things from our headquarters", we do not accept trade ins for that stuff here, we get shipments everyday so check back....blah blah blah.

The bottom line is:

In the last six months, I have seen TG16 games, Sega Master, and now 2600 carts for resale at Electronics Boutique. Many of you all have these stores in your necks of the woods, too. I would recommend a good rooting in the sale bins there. You never know what you will find. Good luck..

Cassidy

BTW, I have too many MC's now, but I did buy the BluePrint. It was 1.49 plus tax. So were the NES games, but I already have them all (at least the ones they had).

I'd probably pass out if I found any 2600 carts at Electronics Boutique. I bet when most of these stores take trade-ins for the 2600 they give the people pennies for each cart (if that). You'd probably have to trade in 500 carts for a $10 credit on a $50 PS2 game. Makes you wish you could interecept all these people trading in their Waterworlds and Quadruns to places like EB.

And most of the EBs are tiny--I equate them to a shoebox. I used to work at Electronics Boutique nearly ten years ago, and they were the same size then. And now they carry a considerably larger selection of merchandise. DVDs, trading cards, various toys and action figures from games and Anime, computer hardware (video cards, sound cards, etc.), plus used games which we never had to deal with. It's amazing how much they cram into one of those tiny stores, although they're usually a mess (especially on the weekends). But they make a lot of effort to get new releases as soon as possible and they're one of the few stores that will allow you to return opened software, so they get a lot of my business. They'd get even more if I could find 2600 carts there.

..Al

EB Game World is a relatively new sub-division of Electronics Boutique that specializes in used games. They carry less of the new stuff and carry used games for everything. I get Atari 2600 games there all the time. (And Sega CD and Neo Geo Pocket and Genesis and Sega Master System and INTV and...) They always set the price to a standard amount ($1.99 for 2600 games) whether they are boxed or not.

The best stuff I've gotten there recently are:

• complete Gyruss for the 2600 - $1.99

six complete Camerica NES games - $2.99-$7.99

Third World War and Snatcher for the Sega CD - $1.99 (kept Snatcher, sold TWW for $40)

Wico trackball for 2600 - $7.99

Donkey Kong Country - Tournament Edition for SNES - $25

Capcom vs. SNK 2 import for Dreamcast - $14.99

I'm tellin' ya, I've never been crazy about EB, but EB Game World is great!

Their latest is that they have a coupon for a free used game (priced $19.99 or less) with the purchase of a used system.

I asked, "Does that include the original Game Boys?"

"Yep."

Original Game Boys cost $4.99.

Yeeeee-ha!

There's nothing quite as satisfying as getting a free $20 Dreamcast game with the purchase of a $5.00 Game Boy.

(As an added bonus, I can probably sell the Game Boys for $10 each.)

Figures I didnt know about EB game world, i dont think there are any in michigan (that i know of)

Ayup i just went to EBgames.com and did a store search and there are no EB game worlds within a 100 mile radius

but there is a EBX (no clue what this place is) store in Troy

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

AHHHH they have a NHL 98 there for $7.99 but no way to see if it comes in a box

I've still got that copy of NHL '98 sitting right here. My database says I have the instructions, but I can't find them. On the other hand, I can't find most of my Genesis instructions, so they've all got to be hiding in the same place.

When I find 'em, you'll be the first to know...

Hey

Lemmi

I did a search on the eb site and only found this store in mi.

i put a link below to the web site to check for stores in your area just scroll down the page to store locator on the left side and a new window will open just put in your city or state and there you go.

Electronics Boutique

Mall: MIDLAND MALL

6800 EASTMAN AVE

MIDLAND MI, 486420000 USA

989-832-5977

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/default.asp

good luck

think I'll go to the mall today

Good to know about EB Game World. There is one in this open air mall across town. I just thought it was another EB, good to know its worth checking.

Most finds seem to be Thrift Store around here. I just worry my good fortune will run out soon (as soon as all the families get rid of their "closet fodder"). I have gotten 20 boxed games and 100 loose games in the last six months at one of about three stores I check regularly. You just have to look at the neighborhood and think how old the homes/families are. A new subdivision most likely will not yield what an established community will (in terms of classics- you will find N64 all day long at the others).

Good luck to all. Can't wait to hear about the next "Chase" or "Quadrun" for 1.99!!!!

Cassidy

quote:

Originally posted by bangles66:

just looked for eb game world and none here in nh or ma or ri one in westport ct is the closest that's about 3 hours for me.

Road Trip.

busy next 2 weekends weather permiting weekend after that i'll take a trip down there.

EB is all over the place in Massachusetts. I think just about every mall I have been into has one. Don't worry though, I have NEVER seen an Atari 2600 game in one.

EB's in the UK are pretty good. They sell NOS Atari Lynx and Jags, for about $17 (10 UK pounds), and games for both for $10 (7 pounds).

The other day I found Pac-Man for the NGPC in their bargain bin for $7.

Only problem is that my ex girlfriends new boyfriend works in there, so I try to aviod going in if hes working.

EB's in the UK are pretty good. They sell NOS Atari Lynx and Jags, for about $17 (10 UK pounds), and games for both for $10 (7 pounds).  

Will would you be able to pick me up a Lynx? My local Game is out of stock and they only have a few pricey games left. I'd make it worth your while - money for a few pints or something! :-)

Cheers

Steve Rich

quote:

Originally posted by Rhindle The Red:

EB Game World is a relatively new sub-division of Electronics Boutique that specializes in used games. They carry less of the new stuff and carry used games for
everything

Thanks Bangles, the regular EB's ive been to quite a few of those, its the EB Game World that hasnt come to michigan yet, maybe one day if the new sub division does good business in other places they might bring one to michigan

quote:

Originally posted by Jobf:

Will would you be able to pick me up a Lynx? My local Game is out of stock and they only have a few pricey games left. I'd make it worth your while - money for a few pints or something! :-)

Dude, I just eBayed mine. I'll have a look, I think alot have sold out now, but next time I go in I'll try and get a couple. Anyone else want one?

BTW Steve, where are you?

I found a bunch of stuff at EB a few weeks ago. Here's what I posted to rgvc:

So anyways, I go to an Electronics Boutique about an hour away this

afternoon, looking for some closeout DC stuff. They didn't have squat, so

I was kind of ticked as I turned to leave. Then back in the corner

largely obscured by piles of action figures I saw something I certainly

didn't expect - a few racks of classic games!

They probably had a good 75 or so 2600, Colecovision, and Intellivision

games, all boxed. They were priced at $1.99, but actually rang up at

$1.49 - I think I'm going to have to get a relative who lives near the

store to go pick up the rest of them for me! That's a pretty decent price

for boxed games, even commons. Fortunately, there wasn't an obnoxiously

common cart among the bunch. I'm guessing that these were local trades,

as some of the games have price tags from what was the town's only toy

store from the mid 80s.

Of course I picked out the best of the stuff, or games that had pretty

nifty boxes. So what did I get?

Flash Gordon

Escape from the Mindmaster