IGNORED

Can anyone point me to Yar's Revenge source code?

Feralstorm

Are there any disassembler programs available? I've found links to a couple on the site... Distella links are broken, and 6502 Disassembler for Atari won't read any of my (working) binaries. Anyone know a new link for Distella or if I need to change something in my binaries to make them work?

It says compatible with windows 95... I get the following error message:

---------------------------

6502 Disassembler for Atari

Error reading file C:DASMDASM22~1DASMBINDOSSOURCE.BIN.

Either the file is corrupted or it is not an Atari binary file

or the file contains more than 256 segments !

OK

I tried taking vcs.h out and posting the variables directly in the .asm file, but this had no effect. Ideas, anyone?

I just had it stored in the same folder as dasm. The reason I did this was because I created a new binary file that already had vcs.h included with the .asm file before the binary was created. Just something else I was trying before I decided to post to ask for help.

Just now saw the second response after I posted a reply.  What program did you use to do that for him, and where did you find it?  If a copy is no longer available, would someone mind sharing the disassembler they have?

Thanks,

Jason

I use an older version of Distella...you can still find it on Robert's page:

http://members.cox.net/rcolbert/distella.htm

The assembly file shows the syntax I used. Since Distella will miss labelling things that are handled indirectly (or label things it shouldn't due to unconditional branches), it's usually necessary to create a configuration file to help it during disassembly - which orders Distella to treat areas of memory as a particular type (i.e. Code, data, GFX). The remaining problem is to find all indirect pointers and change those into labels as well. Fortunately, there doesn't appear to be too many of them in this game (ram addresses $A3, $AC, $E9, and $EE hold sprite vectors, while $BD, $BF, $C1, $C3, $C5, and $C7 hold the score digit vectors). It's just a matter of tracking down where values are saved/compared to those addresses...and edit those lines to use labels instead.