IGNORED

The Ultimate Pong

Great Hierophant

If you could select any home Pong game from the 1970s, which would you select and why? Would you select the Magnavox Odyssey or one of its simplier derivates. Perhaps one of Atari's pongs. How about a Coleco Telstar? Or perhaps one of the many Pong systems based on th AY-3-8500 chip.

Which Pong had the best graphics (color?) or sound? Which Pong had the best play? Which had the best game variations? How about the best controllers?

If you can't think of any, then what would be your ideal pong?

Telstar Arcade.

-S

Anybody got screenshots of this thing that they can post? One just got sniped on epay for $54.

The Old "Tanks" Game was cool Coleco, I think. Not a pong though. I remember playing it at summer camp the year before they got a VCS...with Air sea battle. My kid goes to the same camp now and they have N64 and PS2.

• 3 weeks later...
I have the chips that I need to build a coleco telstar combat, but I can't find the pinout or schematics anywhere.  AY-3-8700-1  Brand-new, Unused.

Interesting! Where did you get them? How many do you have?

I guess I could open up my Coleco Combat .. and see where the pins are wired to.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

• 2 weeks later...