IGNORED

ROM Update: Miss Piggy's Wedding

Alex

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=827We've just posted a new ROM for Miss Piggy's Wedding - John Hardie sent us a more complete version than we previously had. You may have seen these screenshots on AtariHQ before, although we're not sure if the ROM has ever been available until now. There still isn't any real gameplay, but there are some additional graphic elements.

Nice!

Just fired it up in Z26. It looks like the game is two player by default. Player one is Miss Piggy and Player two is Kermit. Other than touching the "green square with pink line" to block and unblock the taxi, I don't see anything else to do...

Still cool though...

-le geek

There's lots new with this version - while the gameplay still isn't there, it's much different!

* The key is present - if Ms Piggy touches it, the church doors close. If Kermit touches it, the church doors open.

* Collision Detection - remember in the other version you could walk through anything and everything. In this version, the rows of pews and the wedding guests will impede you.

* Gonzo was not present at the top of the screen, nor was the taxi at the bottom.

* If the doors are closed (aka Ms Piggy grabbed the key), and you touch Kermit, the characters freeze... unimplimented part of the game?

I think some assumptions can be made from this beta about what would have eventually become the gameplay of the game.

- Ms Piggy wants to get married, Kermit does not. To win as Ms Piggy, close the doors and grab Kermit. To win as Kermit, avoid Piggy, keep the doors open, and get in the cab. the wedding guests impede you both.

- Gonzo is the minister. I believe this was from Muppets take Manhattan... if I remember correctly

- 2 player only? Probably not, but at this point in the game, the AI for the computer player hasn't been implemented.

Any other thoughts?

Yeah it's a same that this didn't get further along, it looks wacky... I didn't find anything new that you missed.

BTW, I do plan to have a full write up of this and all other Atari protos on my new webpage (http://wwww.atariprotos.com) as soon as I get the old stuff up first. I'm working on a new format and want to get all bugs out first.

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Blackjax:

- Gonzo is the minister. I believe this was from Muppets take Manhattan... if I remember correctly

I'm not sure about that. MTM was released in 1984, and the game was mentioned in 1983 catalogs. Perhaps Henson's group was working with the programmer, and gave them an early version of the script, or some ideas?

Well, at the time (until Muppets Take Manhattan kind of closed the door on that era) the whole "Miss Piggy trying to marry Kermit" thing was a big part of the Muppets. It was natural for two separate projects (the game and the movie) to use that as a theme. I don't think they are necessarily connected.