IGNORED

Jaguar Reversi Homebrew In Development

Albert

Hmmmm ..... let me think .....

NO! :P

Sorry, I do not have the proper equipment for a good screenshot right now, but by the way, we should ask Matthias first. I think he would post them himself,

But he is busy in completing the thing right now...

Do you testers have any pics that we can drool over (more than what have been released?)  :D

840786[/snapback]

There is rolling credits, animated menus, beautiful language selection screen, ... :D

Edited by Paolo

Just got the latest issue of Retro Gamer magazine and it has a nice blurb about Reversi in the back. JagWorm is also mentioned. Looks like they are scanning the news on AtariAge each month for new homebrew announcements (they mentioned AA in the blurb). There's a nice screenshot of Reversi, I'll scan the article when I get home.

..Al

Hello,

thanks for all the encouraging feedback, i hope the game can stand your estimations. :-)

Regards

Matthias

821462[/snapback]

The game looks great!

Now all I gotta do is buy a Jag! And a Jag CD and Protector SE.....

I have some games stored in the basement I bought last year but still no Jag!

Finding one in the "wild" is nearly impossible!

ohh how much will Reversi cost?

And i will need Songbird's Protector SE cart to play it, right?

Thanks

Still looking for WMAUG people...

Just got the latest issue of Retro Gamer magazine and it has a nice blurb about Reversi in the back.  JagWorm is also mentioned.  Looks like they are scanning the news on AtariAge each month for new homebrew announcements (they mentioned AA in the blurb).  There's a nice screenshot of Reversi, I'll scan the article when I get home.

..Al

841329[/snapback]

I love that magazine!!! Too bad my local newsstand only gets 3 or 4 copys for each issue..

I've missed like 2 or 3 isssue's becasue I didn't get there fast enough.

and the AA article in issue 12 ( i think) was great! We're still get 8-bit and ST system area's, right? hehehehe

Hello!

ohh how much will Reversi cost?

I still don't know, sorry.

And i will need Songbird's Protector SE cart to play it, right?

841636[/snapback]

No, the CD with Reversi will be encrypted, so it will run without the need for a CD-Bypass.

Best regards

Matthias

Arethius shows us a demo of Reversi at the JC 2005 ( France ) !

The game is very funny and the graphs are like the others graphs made by J. Graf : beautifuls ! :lust:

I win all the time versus CPU : just a question ... there will be an hardest level ?

The only little thing that I dislike is the speed of the pieces when the color change : it 's a bit slow ... :|

Music is cool ! :)

Lots of language ! :)

Arethius shows us a demo of Reversi at the JC 2005 ( France ) !

I hope it was the CD-version which i had sent him (i haven't heared if he got it in time).

The game is very funny and the graphs are like the others graphs made by J. Graf : beautifuls ! :lust:

I win all the time versus CPU : just a question ... there will be an hardest level ?

I had spread a version in which the AI just takes a random move, so it's quite easy to win against it. But i am also working on getting a better AI work.

The only little thing that I dislike is the speed of the pieces when the color change : it 's a bit slow ...  :|

I have changed this already ;-)

Music is cool !  :) 

Lots of language !  :)

844190[/snapback]

Glad you enjoyed it :-)

Regards

Matthias

PS: Where can i find (english) reports from Jaguar Connexion 2005?

I played Reversi this Week end, thanks to Mathias, Arethius and FrediFredo

The game is really superb with a lot of options.

I agree with FrediFredo, it plays well but it seems to be a bit slow (animation, IA relexion), but this is only a demo version.

You say the Jag plays randomly. Ouch, I'm really a bad othello player, as I lose...

Sadly, we didn't have chance to see Clicks.

Hello!

I played Reversi this Week end, thanks to Mathias, Arethius and FrediFredo

The game is really superb with a lot of options.

I agree with FrediFredo, it plays well but it seems to be a bit slow (animation, IA relexion), but this is only a demo version.

You say the Jag plays randomly. Ouch, I'm really a bad othello player, as I lose...

As said, the animation is played faster now, and (probably) the AI will be adjustable in the finished version. But as soon as you understand some very basic principles the game becomes easier for you anyhow ;-)

Sadly, we didn't have chance to see Clicks.

844322[/snapback]

I had sent Arethius a copy of Clicks along with Reversi, so it should have been possible for you to see it.

Best regards

Matthias

Hello Walter!

@ Matthias can the engine from your Reversi made to work other board games like Checkers or Chess?

844596[/snapback]

The ArtificalIntelligence would be different, so i would have to exchange it completely.

But major parts of the Game-Code could be re-used, 90% of the screens are general "environment" like title-screen, credits-screen, game description, gametype-dialog, Pause-mode etc. Exchange the graphics and the texts for these and you have a completely different game running.

Regards

Matthias

Hello Walter!

@ Matthias can the engine from your Reversi made to work other board games like Checkers or Chess?

844596[/snapback]

The ArtificalIntelligence would be different, so i would have to exchange it completely.

But major parts of the Game-Code could be re-used, 90% of the screens are general "environment" like title-screen, credits-screen, game description, gametype-dialog, Pause-mode etc. Exchange the graphics and the texts for these and you have a completely different game running.

Regards

Matthias

844863[/snapback]

So it's not all that crazy of an idea than, it would be nice to see Checkers or Chess on the Jag hint ;)

Edited by walter_J64bit

• 7 months later...

Hello!

Is there any news, regarding Reversi (or even Clicks)?

I could not get to the Reversi homepage anymore, but maybe I'm doing something wrong

Anyway, I am really curious about this game!

979660[/snapback]

Thanks for mentioning your problem with the Reversi-webpage, in summer 2005 i had

to move my website, so here is the actual link:

Reversi

And here is the link to the game ConnectThem which will be on the same CD:

ConnectThem

We are still working on the CD-content, but hope to get it finsihed soon. :-)

Work on Clicks! will be resumed later.

Regards

Matthias

Edited by Matthias