IGNORED

One for the centerpiece collection (Atari70s please read)

King Atari

If you can call it a collection, it really just consists of PAL "Xenophobe", "Frogger II", and sealed "Dark Chambers", and perhaps sealed "ET". I now add an addition, one I have been wanting for quite awhile: I have just won an ebay auction for Salu's "Ghostbusters II", which was never released in the US. It's complete in it's box with instructions.

Atari70s,

Remember your post about the 1992 or '93 "Pac-Man", and then Matthias posted the shot of the 1991 "Missile Command"? If you're still looking for something from after 1990, look for this game. The back of the box says 1992 (!!!), although the cart states 1990. My guess here is that it was finished in 1990, but held off until 1992. After all, they couldn't release it in 1990, but date it 1992, could they? Anyways, I can't wait till it gets here.

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

If you can call it a collection, it really just consists of PAL "Xenophobe", "Frogger II", and sealed "Dark Chambers", and perhaps sealed "ET". I now add an addition, one I have been wanting for quite awhile: I have just won an ebay auction for Salu's "Ghostbusters II", which was never released in the US. It's complete in it's box with instructions.

Was that from my auction? If so, thanks!

Yes, there are more games release after 1990, but from other companies like Salu. Maybe I have too some from them. My Acid Drop has on the Lable too a 1992 Copyright. But my Ghostbusters II and Pick & Pile has no year on the lable.

And all the new releases like Ebivision and Hozer has too higher years.

But I think the lables which someone search was the latest official Atari release. And this is maybe Missile Command 1991.

70s,

My e-mail's all goofed up, I haven't received it yet. Better yet, leave a private message. I thought you'd be interested in a later-year cart, although, I can see how a 1992 "Pac-Man" is much more interesting.

Yes, there are more games release after 1990, but from other companies like Salu. Maybe I have too some from them. My Acid Drop has on the Lable too a 1992 Copyright. But my Ghostbusters II and Pick & Pile has no year on the lable.

This year stuff is pretty interesting in that the 2600 left the US in 1990, but it continued for years after that in other countries. What do think was the maximum year it reached (I mean, how late do you think it continued?). Probably not much more than '93, it seems to me, but I don't know.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: King Atari ]

if my memory serves me right and if some atariage memebers dont shoot my idea and mind down i think they went with pacman until 1993. that is the only title i know that went into 1993. perhaps missle command might be another but i dont think really anthing else did. i dont even think all mighty space invaders lived to me made in 1993 i think after 1988 they stoped cahngingthe copy right.

King,

i thought you had the auction or scan of the game. im always interestde in later year games. let me know when you get it

70s,

Here's the link to the auction:

Ghostbusters II auction

I checked the back of the box scan here on AA:

Ghostbusters II Box scans

The back of the box is cheesy. "And Great Laughs". Really, were people gonna sit there laughing at it? It's really not funny, unless they were expecting people to compare the graphics to Super Nintendo or whatever was out at the time.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: King Atari ]

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: King Atari ]

Okay, I'm reading the manual here on-line, and it talks about a meter that tells how far down the shaft you are, and that ghostbusters run out to collect slime when you control The Statue of Liberty. I've been playing the game on PCAE, why am I not seeing any of this? Is my screen too small?