IGNORED

Gameboy Z80 Games

Haydn Jones

I hered befor that the gamboy can play z80 files, but i put that down to the z80 processor and they were gamboy format z80, but i saw recently that the gameboy flash carts can play zx spectrum roms. Is this true or were they mistaken.

Haydn

Yes you can run a Speccy emu on a GBA Flashcart, here's another link:

http://www.gameboy-advance.net/emulated/z8...roms_on_gba.htm

I haven't set this one up yet put I've run NES, TG16, and SMS roms to name a few through emus on my GBA flash cart. It's probably the best reason to get the flash cart.

are there any gba format gameboy emulators starting yet? so i could play gameboy games on a ds if i wanted to?

I remember seeing a hack that would let you play classic Gameboy games on a DS... I think the problem was that it doesn't provide the correct voltage on one of the pins on the cartridge port, which in turn causes classic games not to work. The guy basically just hacked in a single wire and got it to work fine. I'm not sure what other effects this might have in the long run though.

And has anyone tried getting CP/M running on a Gameboy? Anyone here even remember what CP/M is? Makes me feel old just talking about it.

--Zero

The hack was unfortunately a hoax. The DS has no Z80 chip, so there's no way for a DS to emulate a first-generation Game Boy in hardware.

Fortunately, the DS's 66 MHz ARM9 CPU should have more than enough horsepower to do it in software. Provided, of course, that there's a way to boot homebrews in DS mode . . .

• 2 weeks later...