IGNORED

Where to buy PSone NEW ?

Ferris

Okay I feel like I just woke up and realized its 2005.

For years I've wanted to get a PSone but never bothered. I have an original release PlayStation from 1995 but wanted to snag a PSone for its collector value. Keep it nice in the box you know? With the original PlayStation's TREMENDOUS decade-long success, I firmly believe the PlayStation will sit alongside the 2600 and NES in that exclusive videogame country club of top selling systems that completely redefined the market.

Okay so I've put it off for too long and now I go out to fork out the $49.99 or whatever they are and now I cant find one! Seems like Sony has finally stopped shipping the PSone now that the PS2 is slim, the PSP is out, and the PS3 is right around the corner. I feel almost like this is my last chance to get ahold of one.

All of a sudden I realize that the PlayStation is teetering between modern and classic... I had to debate which forum to post this to.

But where do I go to get one? I've looked on line. Ive gone to all the game stores in my area. I've hit up most all of the online game stores I could think of and everyone seems to be "awaiting the next shipment" which I seriously doubt will ever come. Even walmart.com is totally blown. I feel like I'm going about this backwards, everyone else is out trying to hunt down a PSP and I'm looking for a PSone. Where did they all go???

dude thats a good point.... sears used to be the leader in video game sales in the very begining.... and now no one ever thinks "hmm we need some goodass videogames.... lets all go to sears!"

I'll try them on Monday!

Ive hit Target, Walmart, Sams, everywhere in South Florida. Are they just not shipping them out in large quantities anymore or is the system officially dead? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.... a world where you cant buy a PlayStation in any given neighborhood store just makes the world feel so wrong.

Last time time I was in Toys R Us about a month ago they had a PSone section with games, the system, accessories and they even still had the LCD screen. I had the realization you are having now soon after that visit to TRU when I started to notice most non videos games only had stopped selling PSone stuff.

That's exactly why I'm trying to find one. I already have an original 1995 PlayStation and a regular PS2. But I want to get a PSone new in the box to hang on to just for good measure. I already have an old-school PlayStation still sealed on the box. Right now they are still going for under $50 so I'm trying to snatch one up now before time runs out.

There was another thread discussing "was it true that Target or whoever had Genesis and SNES systems for $29.99?" and it was only a few years ago that you could stroll into the right store and load up on a soon-to-be classic. That's what I'm trying to do now.

As far as Toys R Us goes I used to work there and still have my connections. They are telling me they havent had any since before christmas and none of the surrounding stores have them. I think I'm just in a 'dry" area.

They are telling me they havent had any since before christmas and none of the surrounding stores have them. I think I'm just in a 'dry" area.

I am not 100% on this, but I would say that they stopped shipping them before October... the last new ones I saw were in Sept, and once they were sold, they weren't replenished... I actually bought one in early Sept, for the same reason you want one, but then I won an eBay auction for a system and a whack of games with a really lowball bid AND I found one at a yard sale with a few games the same weekend.. so.. I decided to just return the "collection piece" before I even opened it..

Thats exactly what I'm thinking. The PlayStation is definately the 2600 or NES of its era. It really pioneered CD-based gaming to the mainstream. Sure there will be plenty of them available used on eBay in 2015 but I doubt sealed in the box. Think of a 2600 or 2600jr still sealed in a minty fresh box. You know how much most of us would KILL to get our hands on one of those? Or a minty fresh NES? Even though they are the most common classic game systems out there.

I already have an original PlayStation store kiosk in perfect shape. I'm totally geared up for the PlayStation to become a true "classic" one day.