IGNORED

Just got a jaguar very impressed

sega saturn x

Im sorry to dig up such an old topic but to say my lasting impression was bad is an under statement. After playing some jag games my enthusiasm melted like butter on a hot role. Ok alien VS predator is awful its ugly and just not fun to play. And well i think im just going to sell it back to jesusc. And im just going to chip in like 15 dollars for an import saturn shooter. Since im sure i will ahve way more fun with that then my jagaur. With so many awsome games like trevor McFur and checkered flag its n wonder the thing went belly up. Im just going to stay away from failure systems from now on. Since there a reason the failed.

And i would like to mention the picture of a cat that looks more like a cheetah and nothing like a jaguar was a nice touch. And im sure even the games you have listed as being good are not very good in the grand scheme of things. Since it dosnet take much to be good on the jaguar im sorry but i havent played 1 good game for the system. So i have no reason it keep it around. Man at least the 32X has virtua racing all the jag has is tempest 2000 and that on the staurn. So what if the jag version looks "sharper" what ever the hell that means. The saturn contorller blows the jags number pad monster out of the water. This has been the first system i cant think of anything good to say about. And its not like im anti atari i think the 2600 kicks ass and i still do. But im going to say goodbye to the jag forever. I dont think i will be missing much really.

That is pretty funny. You are going to stay away from failure systems yet your nick is sega saturn x. I guess nobody told you the Saturn was a failed system. The Dreamcast was also a failed system but it is by far one of my favorite consoles.

commercially in the US they (saturn and dreamcast) were failures, but in Japan not so much. Especially when you figure in all the shooters released for them (which SSX has mentioned as being his favorite genre).

Believe it or not, I'm sorry to hear that you are so disappointed with the system. Yes, 98% of the games are pretty unfun; but at least, you know, the music is good.

That was lame. What are you two doing here anyway? Why don't you just go away if you want to come in here and bash the system so much? I respect that you guys should be able to make your opinion of the system known. You have done that. You didn't do it in what I would consider a mature fashion but you have done it. So now, either get off of it or go away. It contributes nothing to this forum. I hate these little periods. We can go a very long time without crud like this then all of a sudden it will start up again.

What was immature about my post? Im just saying good bye to the system and leave it at that. And the saturn and dreamcast may have failed but they still had more success then the jaguar ever could have dreamed of. Plus there more then 3 good games on each system. You guys built to the jaguar up to be some thing its not. And im kind of pissed i waisted my time on the system. I have seen a lot of posts saying awful games are fun. And the eye of the beholder stuff only goes so far. How is checkerd flag fun on any planet? I wont flame or antagonize but if i see some one doping some one in to buy a jaguar based on awsome games like checkerd flag thats when i will make a post or two.

I'm sorry to add onto such an old topic but to say my lasting impression of the Sega Saturn was bad is an under statement. After playing some Saturn games my enthusiasm melted like butter on a hot role. Ok Battle Arena Toshinden is awful its ugly and just not fun to play. And well i think im just going to sell it back to someone. And im just going to chip in like 15 dollars for a Jaguar game. Since im sure i will ahve way more fun with that then my Saturn. With so many awsome games like Rise of the Robots and Hang On GP its n wonder the thing went belly up. Im just going to stay away from failure systems from now on. Since there a reason the failed.

And i would like to mention the picture of a planet that looks more like stupid anime and nothing like the planet Saturn was a nice touch. And im sure even the games you have listed as being good are not very good in the grand scheme of things. Since it dosnet take much to be good on the Saturn im sorry but i havent played 1 good game for the system. So i have no reason it keep it around. Man at least the 32X has virtua racing all the Saturn has is tempest 2000 and that is SO much better on the Jaguar. Then again, so what if the jag version "plays better" what ever the hell that means. The Jaguar contorller blows the Intellivison number pad monster out of the water. This has been the first system i cant think of anything good to say about. And its not like im anti sega i think the Dreamcast kicks ass and i still do. But im going to say goodbye to the Saturn forever. I dont think i will be missing much really.

And just to explain my reasoning to the above -- you can find a million reasons to hate any system if you want too. If you don't give it a chance and pick out games that are known to be some of the worst in the library and judge the entire thing on that, you aren't getting a true picture of the console. As much as I like some of the games on the Jaguar, I wouldn't ever try forcing others to like them... or to hate them just based on that.

Having said that, the Saturn truly was the most disappointing system that I have ever owned. And as a matter of fact, it is one of only a few that I have ever owned that I sold. But when I sold it, I didn't parade around the fact that I thought it was a horrible system. If you like it, that's all that matters.

I do sometimes mention the fact that I am really angry about the N64 still (and I would MUCH rather have a Jaguar than an N64, seriously) because I feel Nintendo screwed me on it... But I also don't go into posts about what great games it had and talk about how much it sucked. It did have some good games, and some great games. Just not many that interest me.

On a final note, please read the above post and see how goofy it sounds. I could do the same thing with any system that has ever been created. Don't try to cause trouble just because you're bored. If you don't like it, that's fine and you can feel free to post about it in an intelligent manner. You haven't done that. Nothing in my post above makes sense, although I really, truly don't like the Saturn. If you want to hear real reasons, that's a whole different thread -- and I wouldn't post in it, because it isn't my place to try to make people hate it. It's a personal thing.

So let us people that like the Jaguar live in peace, and get out of here. Trust me -- selling your Jaguar to someone that wants one will be much better for EVERYONE involved. We'll gain a new fan, and get rid of these stupid posts.

Why is it when ever i say anything bad about the jaguar the saturn is always brought up? It's not like i dont know the saturn has a ton of bad games. You just sound like a whiney fan boy and i have played 12 games about 1/6 of the systems games. So i just didnt play 1 game said it sucked and now a hate the system. And what are the amazing games on the jagaur that even put it in the same ball park as the saturn and n64? Please i would love to know because from where im standing the saturn and the n64 beat the jag in every way.

Why is it when ever i say anything bad about the jaguar the saturn is always brought up?  It's not like i dont know the saturn has a ton of bad games.  You just sound like a whiney fan boy and i have played 12 games about 1/6 of the systems games.  So i just didnt play 1 game said it sucked and now a hate the system.  And what are the amazing games on the jagaur that even put it in the same ball park as the saturn and n64?  Please i would love to know because from where im standing the saturn and the n64 beat the jag in every way.

856910[/snapback]

Yup -- I'm the fanboy. Uh hunh. In case you didn't notice, the post that makes me sound like a fanboy was YOUR post with the words changed. I didn't do anything to it but change it around so it wasn't about the Jaguar but was about the Saturn. If that post sounded like a fanboy post, then guess what yours was?

If you mean the second post by me, I posted that because that is how *I* feel about the system. The Saturn sucks. I sort of liked Fighting Vipers, but there wasn't another game on the system that I thought was decent. NiGHTS? I hated it. Daytona and Sega Rally? Average ports with not-nearly-enough tracks to make it a home game. Virtua Fitghter 2? There were tons of other fighting games I liked WAY better.

So yes, I don't like the Saturn. I played more than one game for it. I played a lot of games for it, and if you just take Tempest 2000 (and yes, the Saturn version of Tempest sucks in comparison) from the Jaguar library, I like it a LOT more. Not to mention Zool 2, Missile Command 3D, Raiden, Super Burnout, Val D'Isre, Iron Soldier 2, Breakout 2000, I*War and about 20 other games that I truly enjoy playing.

As for the N64, I liked WaveRace, but I bought it for Mario Kart 64 and have never been more disappointed by a game since. I keep my N64 for Robotron 64 and enjoyed Conker's Bad Fur Day... But beyond those, I don't find as much fun with it as I do with the Jaguar.

Now, do you see what I'm saying here? If not, let me point it out - I don't like the Saturn. I like [the Jaguar] a lot more. I don't find as much fun with [the N64] as I do my Jaguar.

Don't come on these boards bitching that you hate a system and everything about it, and then complain when people don't agree with you. I don't go to Saturn boards. I don't go to N64 boards. I don't like those systems, and I have no reason to go annoy the people that do.

If you don't like the system, don't waste your time with it -- but respect those who do like it.

That's where you have failed. There are other people on these boards that can have opinions too, and you have not respected them. Instead, you seem to have fun poking at the hornets nest trying to stir up people to get mad, and then seem to wonder why you keep getting stung.

If you don't like the Jaguar, fine. Shut up and leave. There are Sega Saturn boards and so on that you can do. If you would like to contribute something meaningful to conversations, even if you don't like the games, people will listen. Personally, I do not like Alien Vs. Predator much. I HATE Atari Karts. Checkered Flag is unbearable. And there are other Jaguar games that I can't stand. But at the same time, there are games that I like that others think are horrible. Zool 2 is one of my favorite Jaguar games, and it seems that most of the Jaguar fans hate it. If you play it and want to post a respectful post about how you didn't like it, realizing that others may actually like the game, you'll be welcome too. Bitching about everything is just annoying.

This was the thread i started about getting the jagaur so i posted my lasting impressions of it as well. And you keep telling me to just go post on a sega saturn forum as if in every post i make i say the saturn is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And i was refering to your second post not the on where you replaced saturn and jaguar. The reason i decided to post my distain is a heard a lot of good things about the system. More so then most systems so you can imagine my disapointment only to find the system was a dud.

And theres no point in doing a respectful post becuase people get mad at anything that isint pro jagaur. And i think its time to face facts if the jaguar wasn't made by atari it wouldent have the following it does. And please tell me what makes the jaguar version of temepest 2000 so much better then the saturn version? Im just wondering because from what i have seen they look about the same.

Or you just bitch a lot. First you like the Jaguar, then hate it. You think AVP looks ugly? I thought it was all about gameplay and not graphics. Before this you couldn't find any games you liked on the PSX or even the NES for God's sake. Just about almost all your posts you complained about a game or game system being discussed or something you bring up. If you like a system, go to a board about THAT system. Its fine you don't like a system, just sell it then. No sense complaining more than an Emo kid in a board about a system you don't like.

Or you just bitch a lot. First you like the Jaguar, then hate it. You think AVP looks ugly? I thought it was all about gameplay and not graphics. Before this you couldn't find any games you liked on the PSX or even the NES for God's sake. Just about almost all your posts you complained about a game or game system being discussed or something you bring up. If you like a system, go to a board about THAT system. Its fine you don't like a system, just sell it then. No sense complaining more than an Emo kid in a board about a system you don't like.

857097[/snapback]

Yes i dislike 3 systems lets asume from this point on any system i dont say anything bad about i like. And the reason i liked the jaguar was because i had not played many games yet and was still eager to try it out. And graphics only matter if they get in the way of whats going on and AVP was so blurry half the time i didnt know what was going on. But your right no sense left in talking about this any further. I will just keep on thinking the jaguar was a waiste of time and money and you can go on playing it. And so you know i am selling the jaguar maybe a TRUE gamer will enjoy it.

Yes i dislike 3 systems lets asume from this point on any system i dont say anything bad about i like.  And the reason i liked the jaguar was because i had not played many games yet and was still eager to try it out.  And graphics only matter if they get in the way of whats going on and AVP was so blurry half the time i didnt know what was going on.  But your right no sense left in talking about this any further.  I will just keep on thinking the jaguar was a waiste of time and money and you can go on playing it.  And so you know i am selling the jaguar maybe a TRUE gamer will enjoy it.

857121[/snapback]

Enough already. If you dislike the Jaguar so much, move on. Jaguar fans are not going to all of a sudden say, "Oh yeah, sega saturn X is right. I guess I should go and throw out my Jaguar now."

I still don't understand this whole fanboy nonsense among the modern gaming generation. If you like a certain system, great. There are some here who do not, but are not going to go out of our way to point out how bad every other system is comparatively in our own eyes.

I'm the second worst person here, and even I'm getting tired of this stuff.

Let's move on....

Too turn this around a bit, I hold onto a jag for the aforementioned Tempest, but also for the homebrew scene.

Though I've felt burned shelling out $60-70 for crap like Hyperforce and Towers 2, things like Native (when it seemed like it actually might be released) and Eerievale

are enough to keep me interested.

and i just wanted to get in before this was locked too.

And theres no point in doing a respectful post becuase people get mad at anything that isint pro jagaur.  And i think its time to face facts if the jaguar wasn't made by atari it wouldent have the following it does.  And please tell me what makes the jaguar version of temepest 2000 so much better then the saturn version?  Im just wondering because from what i have seen they look about the same.

857034[/snapback]

Actually, I don't think that is true. If you can post opinions without demeaning everyone else, people listen. You post things like "I think it's time to face facts," but that has nothing to do with the reason *I* like the Jaguar.

And Tempest 2000 on the Jaguar has much better gameplay than the Saturn version. Things were changed. Do a thread search on here to find another thread where I went into VAST detail about all the things that were changed, I don't need to do it again here.

As for your comment about Alien Vs. Predator being "blurry," something tells me that you haven't played it. You can find a lot of negative things about it, especially now with games like Doom 3 out there, but "blurry" isn't one of them. You could complain about a poor framerate (which they decided to do as a quick fix to slow down the speed of the game -- a poor one, at that), the lack of music (another decision they made for the atmosphere) the lack of varied enemies and so on... but blurry... ain't nothing blurry about the game. It moves too slowly to be blurry.