IGNORED

Atari 2600 System Featured on TV Show CSI Miami

Atari2600.com

I've beem jamming to my iPod at work and To Get Down(Fatboy Slim Mix) from the CSI soundtrack popped up.  I liked the song, but didn't recognize the artist(Timo Maas), so I checked out his website.  He's playing an Atari on the main page, though I cannot make out the game.

I see he's also got an Atari ST monitor on the top shelf. :D

Also, the Atari 2600 looks white to me and not glared by the lamp. If it was glared, then the area of the switches and cartridge would be white too. And the white joysticks are probably the XEGS ones. The Commodore one is black on the bottom whereas the one on the website is not.

• 4 weeks later...
Bump.

It's getting closer. Is it still on plan to air that date?  Little over a week away now. 

<-- Just caught a commercial for CSI so I thought I'd check in on this thread.

847650[/snapback]

According to my TiVo:

"Episode 322: Vengeance, 5/9/2005. When there is a murder at a high school reunion, the CSIs investigate and learn that popularity issues from the past played a role in the killer's motives."

It's also set to record the show, of course.

The Official CSI: Miami website shows 'Vengence' on the schedule for May 9 at 10.00. The website includes a preview video clip of this episode, but it seems to be disabled.

Here is the CBS website:

CSI Miami

Speculation - I was told by the Props Dept Manager that the Atari would be part of a time capsule. Now it makes sense. The Atari-2600-containing time capsule must be opened at the High School Reunion. I really hope the Atari 2600 figures into the evidence and not just as a set piece.

Plot Breakdown- Assuming this is a 20 year High School reunion would an Atari 2600 really make sense for a time capsule sealed in 1985? When I graduated in 1986 Nintendo was king. A NES would have been a more appropriate choice for 1985.

JC

Atari2600.com

Plot Breakdown- Assuming this is a 20 year High School reunion would an Atari 2600 really make sense for a time capsule sealed in 1985? When I graduated in 1986 Nintendo was king. A NES would have been a more appropriate choice for 1985.

In 1985 who would give up their NES to stick in a time capsule? Same thing with if it

is a 25 year capsule, who in 1980 would give away their 2600 with games to get

buried for 25 years? It makes sense that they would put a last generations console

in there because it's value would negl.

I never really understood time capsules. Well I understadn them, but just don't care for . Why we need a capsule when there are all these museums around? Or why not box up & pack away in a closet for 20 years? Putting crap in the ground though, I think's just dumb. I had a class in school that did this one year. There's probably another wing ontop of the land there by now :lol:

Also if the year was '85 that may have been too soon for the NES. I think it started in New York that first year, but it wasn't until '86 that it really caught on & became popular. Or was it '86-'87 :ponder: '85 sounds so long ago!

In 1985, the only thing I knew about Nintendo was that they had their name on my Donkey Kong Jr. cartridge. Thinking back... I was in 3rd grade then! That's definitely long before I or anyone in my school heard of the NES. It was all about Intellivision, Atari, and Commodore 64. I don't think it even caught on where I lived until 1987. But I grew up in Wichita, deep in flyover country.

I never really understood time capsules.

Yeah, they are pretty silly. I wonder how many schools even remember they have them. If they ever open them, I bet the kids find it pretty dull. It would be more fun to go back as adults and open your own time capsule.

That didn't make any sense, wasn't that the class of 1990? The 2600 would have been well forgotten by then with the advent of the NES. But it was cool to see it on TV agian even just for a second, plus it played a forensic role( controller broke the sand bottle).

That didn't make any sense, wasn't that the class of 1990? The 2600 would have been well forgotten by then with the advent of the NES. But it was cool to see it on TV agian even just for a second, plus it played a forensic role( controller broke the sand bottle).

852422[/snapback]

Was it a controller?, I thought it was the wine bottle she moves that broke it. I wish I recorded it to view now. Anyone have a freeze frame of that?

852422[/snapback]

Was it a controller?, I thought it was the wine bottle she moves that broke it. I wish I recorded it to view now. Anyone have a freeze frame of that?

852488[/snapback]

No freeze frame but I caught the show and remember well. It was the wine bottle definitely. In fact, the only thing I saw near the Atari was the Rubik's Cube. I didn't see a joystick anything else Atari other than the game cartridge inside the console (which had a blue label. Defender or Asteroids I suppose? :? )

At any rate, it was the wine bottle. So looks like the 2600 played the part of "other prop in the box." Kinda cool the thing was mentioned second to the Rubik's Cube though.

I didn't see a joystick anything else Atari other than the game cartridge inside the console (which had a blue label.  Defender or Asteroids I suppose?  :? )

At any rate, it was the wine bottle.  So looks like the 2600 played the part of "other prop in the box."  Kinda cool the thing was mentioned second to the Rubik's Cube though.

852512[/snapback]

Nope, I have this on my Tivo, and it was the joystick that broke the bottle. Also, it's an Asteroids cart in there.

I think that because it was the class of 1990 the time capsule was supposed to contain

all the memories of the 1980s they grew up in. I wasn't paying close attention to the

list but I bet that there was 10 items on the list each representing a different year.

853611[/snapback]

For the curious among you, the items on the list are:

1. Beach in a jar

2. Def Leppard "Hysteria" CD

3. Rubik's Cube

4. Atari 2600

5. Whitesnake CD

6. President Bush elected!

7. Care Bear

8. Sports Illustrated (swimsuit)

9. Dube Champagne

10. Cabbage Patch keychain

It was nice to see our Atari 2600 console joystick and I thought Defender cartridge featured in several shots on CSI:Miami. It was a 4-switch woodgrain console for the record.

I also thought the timeline was screwed up. Class of 1990? 1980 would have been more appropriate for the Atari 2600 but really who wants to see a bunch of 40 somethings on a Prime Time show? :) Stay with the aging gracefully 30YO MILFs.

JC

For the curious among you, the items on the list are:

1. Beach in a jar

2. Def Leppard "Hysteria" CD

3. Rubik's Cube

4. Atari 2600

5. Whitesnake CD

6. President Bush elected!

7. Care Bear

8. Sports Illustrated (swimsuit)

9. Dube Champagne

10. Cabbage Patch keychain

853728[/snapback]

I'm proud (hmm... maybe ashamed?) to say that I have 7 out of 10 of those items on that list in my apartment.

I recorded it and finally got around to watching it the other day. Nice to see the Atari 2600 on TV to help keep it in the public eye, but I think only about 150 people watch that show, so it probably didn't help much.

854736[/snapback]

this weeks ratings: guess thats 5.6 million

#11 CSI: MIAMI 15690 5.6