IGNORED

ThinkGeek Introduces Executive PONG

Albert

ExecutivePong.jpgThinkGeek, well known for selling a wide variety of merchandise that appeals to geeks of all kinds, has introduced a new product sure to win over the hearts of Atari fans the world over: Executive PONG. Paying homage to the first PONG systems that shipped in the 70s, ThinkGeek has faithfully recreated PONG while bringing to it modern aesthetics and technology. The Executive PONG unit features a high-contrast, internal DLP projector so you can project your game of PONG onto any flat surface and two brushed metal, as well as a pair of wireless bluetooth paddles, so you'll be enjoying PONG in style and comfort. To learn more, please visit the Executive PONG site at ThinkGeek, where you can order yours today!

VERY nice.  Mind, $750 is a tad steep!

Most of that probably has to do with the price of the projector, not to mention integrating the game PONG with the projector and then the support for the wireless bluetooth paddles. Looks very sharp, though!

..Al

Those paddles look suspiciously like Griffin PowerMates.

I wouldn't put it past ThinkGeek to come up with something like this. (After all, they have given the world caffeinated soap.) But it also seems suspiciously like an April Fool's Day joke.

I also would have expected that any "suits" who could afford to blow $750 of company cash on something like this (and would actually do it) were already back to their fry cook jobs in the wake of the dot-com crash.

OK, clicking a link deeper, I could clearly see that it WAS an April Fool's Day joke.

The thing that actually tipped me off more than anything else was that there was no mention of "Licensed by Atari" or anything of that sort. I know if this thing was real, Infogrames would have their greedy paws all over it.

• 3 weeks later...