IGNORED

Quadrun Cart question

Philflound

I finally got around to revising the Atari label variation list and Quadrun was missing. I know it's a Silver2 picture label, but I'm wondering if it's a C1, C2, or C3. For those of you who don't know what this is, C1 is locking protector, C2 is sliding protector, and C3 has no protector. Feel free to PM me or reply to the post. I plan on having the entire variation list up and running in completion in 1 week. I took a hiatus from it for several months, but with the acquisition of more games from storage, I need to get this up if I intend to sell the variations. Thanks.

Phil

The lab loaners were in original cases with the locking protector, so that's fine. I'm just looking to see if there were other versions of the silver label. When I get finished with the list, before putting a "final" copy up on the website, I'm going to ask for a list of games that I need more specifics on. I may review Tempests list on his website to see if I can get some answers too. :)

Phil

What's the difference between C1 and C2? I can understand what C3 is as most 7800 games were like that ;)

But I've fairly sure I've got examples of C1 and C2 in my 2600 collection, just don't know exactly which you mean by each description. Pictures? :P

The C2 slots are easy to see from the outside, as the slot at the bottom is unbroken. Inside the cartridge there are two springs wound around plastic posts that keep the dust cover pressed down towards the bottom of the cart. These are a bit harder to get back together than the more common C1 style carts, especially if you manage to take apart the dust cover mechanism. :)

I only rarely encounter the C2 variety of carts. I'd guess that for every 200 Atari 2600 carts I take apart, one of them might be a C2. The rest are C1. I don't use C3 carts for homebrew games, as they have holes under the main label.

..Al