IGNORED

Play 'Gauntlet' on a 1Mb Flash Cart

Wrathchild

(This topic missed the Forum migration, so I'm reposting it :) )

FYI - A new FlashCart image of this game is available on Classic's forums:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?t=243

At the request of Nir Dary, I've also produced an image for the Switchable XEGS cartridge model.

Seems to work OK in A800WinPlus, but please feedback if you find otherwise.

Anyone need a MegaCart version too?

Enjoy,

Mark

(original XEGS image removed)

G_flash.zip

Edited by Wrathchild

(This topic missed the Forum migration, so I'm reposting it  :) )

FYI - A new FlashCart image of this game is available on Classic's forums:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?t=243

At the request of Nir Dary, I've also produced an image for the Switchable XEGS cartridge model.

Seems to work OK in A800WinPlus, but please feedback if you find otherwise.

Anyone need a MegaCart version too?

Enjoy,

Mark

835518[/snapback]

The g_xegs.rom does not work in Atariwin3.1+ - I am selecting 128K Switchable cart and it crashes the emu - anyone else having any luck? If I choose 128K cart the Mindscape screen shows up then I get garbage.

The g_xegs.rom does not work in Atariwin3.1+ - I am selecting 128K Switchable cart and it crashes the emu - anyone else having any luck?  If I choose 128K cart the Mindscape screen shows up then I get garbage.

I'm getting a crash too in 3.1+ - although when the cart is attached it goes straight to self test, but when you close and open the emulator again then the garbage happens, followed by the crash. No Mindscape title is shown though.

The new MegaCart image works in 3.1+, again the emulator has to be closed and re-open for it to take start correctly. Both images work OK in the 4.0 emulator. I'll have to delve further - probably to do with which bank is loaded first when a coldstart is done. For XEGS $A000->$BFFF is always bank 15 (of $0->$F) so shouldn't have a problem there, and the MegaCart sets Bank 0 (of $0->$7) for the 16K between $8000->$BFFF. Are you using Steve's Flash enhanced 3.1+ emulator? I think I recall experiencing weird reset behaviour with that, I'll need to find the original 3.1 to compare.

Regards,

Mark

G_mega.zip

It looks to be a bug in the 3.1+ code. After having switched out the ROM, when you write to $D500 to switch it on again, the SWXEGS model only sets the bank at $8000->$9FFF and doesn't re-enable the last bank of the ROM to $A000->$BFFF properly, hence a jump to routine there was hitting a BRK command and the system goes potty.

However, I did have the issue you saw occur in my 4.0+ so I'm re-posting my current image just in case. ;)

Regards,

Mark

G_xegs.zip

It looks to be a bug in the 3.1+ code. After having switched out the ROM, when you write to $D500 to switch it on again, the SWXEGS model only sets the bank at $8000->$9FFF and doesn't re-enable the last bank of the ROM to $A000->$BFFF properly, hence a jump to routine there was hitting a BRK command and the system goes potty.

However, I did have the issue you saw occur in my 4.0+ so I'm re-posting my current image just in case. ;)

Regards,

Mark

835712[/snapback]

Definitely was an XEGS cart bug in all versions of Atari800WinPlus - caused me a lot of grief too! Only recently fixed in the latest version 4.0 Beta 4

Awesome work, Mark!

Not on the level of wizardry of this, but I made a 8Mb flashcart version of Ultima III that saves to the flashcart.  It's posted on Steve's forums.  Thought I would mention it here for anyone who doesn't check those forums.  It's not 100% tested since I suck at this game!

835795[/snapback]

One of these days I will get one of those carts - I can finish U3 in about 8 hours so I would test it once I get one :)