IGNORED

How many titles of games are there for the 2600?

Foxsolo2000

After i had posted the question asking if anyone could help me identify a list of Atari 2600 games, a guy called Slapdash asked me if I really owned all the games for the Atari 2600. I have in my possession some 2500 games which include titles of the same name from numerous companies. For example I own no less than 15 Enduros made by 15 different companies and it got me thinking. Just how many different titles of games are there available for the Atari 2600? I had thought I had got them all before I stumbled onto some Brazillian sites to see new English titles of pirated games that I had not heard of and now I am wondering just how many titles are still out there waiting to be found? Maybe I am asking a lot but here are two questions that I hope somebody can answer. Firstly who owns the most 2600 titles and secondly does anyone truly know how many different titles are listed for the 2600? :/

To be perfectly frank that's an almost impossible question to quantify if you want to include all NTSC and PAL releases, pirates, label and case variations, etc. We do know that there were some 600+ official North American releases. Beyond that it's pretty much anybody's guess. Brazilian pirates especially are an area with a lot of gray patches in them. There are the common, known quantities -- Dactar, AtariMania, Polyvox (which is the only licensed Brazilian line), CCE, and so on. But there are also a lot of one-offs and small pirate company whose full library may be largely unknown. Add in the Taiwan pirates, European pirates and PAL exclusive releases, etc. and it gets pretty hairy.

I am sure that I am not alone when I say "May I see a picture of all of them?".  :)

can't you just hear the croud chanting, we want pictures, we want pictures, we want pictures! :D

he's not into hacks and small label versions. talked to him on DP a bit.

Rick