IGNORED

Atari Explorer (back) online ;-)

wow wow wow! YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT WORK, Karl, absolutely perfect! I love it! :lust:

- IMHO the no.1 resource and reference homepage about ATARI

- awesome cool design and logical navigation

- complete line-up of ATARI products reviewed including prototypes

- useful download offers (for example the falcon030 system discs)

- historical notes about ATARI Corp.

a masterpiece, karl, wonderful !!!

We have been able to copy the original sources for TOS 4.04 as released on the Atari Falcon030.  It is available to download below in ZIP format ...

While we have endeavoured to copy all available data from the source disks some of the files were too spurious to convert.

WoW !!!

Could you provide more details please.

Which files are missing?

What you mean they were "too spurious"?

In which form the original source disks were (hard disk, floppies, dat)?

• 2 weeks later...
We have been able to copy the original sources for TOS 4.04 as released on the Atari Falcon030.  It is available to download below in ZIP format ...

While we have endeavoured to copy all available data from the source disks some of the files were too spurious to convert.

WoW !!!

Could you provide more details please.

Which files are missing?

What you mean they were "too spurious"?

In which form the original source disks were (hard disk, floppies, dat)?

843132[/snapback]

Off of some Syquest backups in AHDI format, I'm told that the Atari on Any Machine emulator can run on a PC and directly access ST hard drives, I've look at it and I only see IDE access, if I hook up an external SCSI HD to my PC and run it, would it be possible to try and rescue the remaining missing files?

Curt

Hi Curt,

Off of some Syquest backups in AHDI format, I'm told that the Atari on Any Machine emulator can run on a PC and directly access ST hard drives, I've look at it and I only see IDE access, if I hook up an external SCSI HD to my PC and run it, would it be possible to try and rescue the remaining missing files?

849419[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply (and sorry for the misspell above :)

I’m not familiar with that emulator. But I’m not sure that would be the best solution.

There are several possibilities depending on the hardware and software you have, and depending on exactly what is the problem. I understand that the problem is the AHDI extended partitions that you can’t access with DOS/Windows.

Using Windows. You can backup the raw full disk to a file. The raw device will copy every sector of the disk, disregarding partitions. Once you have the file it is much easier to manipulate the partitions. There are several programs that can physically backup a raw full disk. I backed up my ST hard disk some time ago using my own software, it is trivial to do. I can provide both executables and source. You’ll need to make minor changes because it was hardwired for my setup. There is no user interface (otherwise it wouldn’t be trivial).

It is even easier with Linux. The built-in utilities can dump the physical disk to a file. Furthermore, I understand that there are drivers for accessing AHDI partitions under Linux. Then you will be able to do a standard backup.

If the problem is something else, please let us know.