IGNORED

7800 computer

Classic Pac

If you are looking on ebay, just do a search for the keywords: atari 7800 system

Use the advanced search feature and check the completed items box.

The results will show you what recent 7800s went for. You will have to read the description to see what kind of condition they were in though.

That's how I look for what an item goes for when buying on ebay.

If you are looking on ebay, just do a search for the keywords: atari 7800 system

Use the advanced search feature and check the completed items box. 

The results will show you what recent 7800s went for.  You will have to read the description to see what kind of condition they were in though.

That's how I look for what an item goes for when buying on ebay.

839669[/snapback]

I think Classic Pac's talking about the 7800 keyboard prototype. :ponder:

Thats what I been told, by does my soul have a price?

840099[/snapback]

Dunno. I seem to recall standing a foot away from one at a CGE and saying, "No, I could, but I shouldn't." And then going and blowing more money in the slot machines. Anyway. At one time, at least, they were obtainable.

If someone would post the images of the carts, it would be really easy to make a PS/2 to 7800 keyboard adapter. The protocol is published on a couple of web sites, and is a pretty simple protocol involving 3 data lines and two clocks. An Atmel micro could easily handle the translation. I'd considered doing it, but of course lack cart images to test with. I have the atmels and everything. Of course, I should just do it and release some test code. The keyboard does have a cassette adapter (easy), and an SIO connector (annoying, given the proprietary connector). But all the programming sequences should work with all of them.

That sounds sweet... any info Curt? :)

Curt... you are reading this thread aren't you?  :P  :cool:

840960[/snapback]

I believe the problem was one particular IC that was not manufactured anymore. He needed the original code to program it onto a more modern IC I beleive. After meeting the rest of the guys from GCC last year he might have access to it now, although I don't know. Not sure it will ever happen though. It's a big undertaking. I have my fingers crossed just in case.

Allan

840960[/snapback]

I believe the problem was one particular IC that was not manufactured anymore. He needed the original code to program it onto a more modern IC I beleive. After meeting the rest of the guys from GCC last year he might have access to it now, although I don't know. Not sure it will ever happen though. It's a big undertaking. I have my fingers crossed just in case.

Allan

840966[/snapback]

Well, ya, that IC isn't available, but it shouldn't be THAT hard to recreate the code, even from scratch. Of course, I did a software generated video pong game from scratch with my Atmel board in a weekend. I'm just sort of slowly working my way to running my own code on the actual 7800 hardware. Not sure if I'll get around to trying such a thing any time soon.

840960[/snapback]

Allan

840966[/snapback]

Well, ya, that IC isn't available, but it shouldn't be THAT hard to recreate the code, even from scratch. Of course, I did a software generated video pong game from scratch with my Atmel board in a weekend. I'm just sort of slowly working my way to running my own code on the actual 7800 hardware. Not sure if I'll get around to trying such a thing any time soon.

841273[/snapback]

Something tells me though that if it wasn't that hard Curt would have done it by now. Of course the best person to ask to explain it would be Curt.

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

840960[/snapback]

I'm planning on getting more into it again in the mid-summer once several projects that pay the bills are out the door and I can tinker around again with a replacement to the 1670 13bit MCU that it was going to use...

Curt