Football (Boxed)

Ghostbusters (Loose)

Grand Prix (Boxed)

Joust (Loose)

Kung Fu Master (Boxed)

Mega Mania (Boxed)

My Golf (Boxed)

Off the Wall (Boxed)

Rad Action Pak (Rad Action Pak cart, with Chopper Command Cart - Boxed)

Realsports Boxing (Boxed)

Skate Boardin' (Boxed)

Smash Hit Pak (Boxed)

Starmaster (Boxed)

Super Hit Pak (Loose)

Tennis (Boxed)

Titlematch Pro Wrestling (Boxed)

I needed the vast majority of these, too

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Noble Kale ]

All of the ... Hit Paks are multicarts (From my recollection, I have smash hit pak, rad action pak, etc...)

The boxes for them are extremely large too (they hold two carts rather than 1). almost don't fit in my bookshelf.

The carts were found in a larger than usual thrift store.

They were bagged in groups of 3 (these thrifts use bags and labels on the bags, rather than price tags, which is excellent), for $3 each. essentially, $1 each

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Noble Kale ]

Where abouts in Melbourne are you finding these? I went thru a few Op shops in Carlton when I was on holidays, and it was useless!  
Ahh, now that's confidential my friend

But, I should note, that you are searching the wrong areas to begin with. Property values in carlton are high (to my knowledge)... therefore, there are very few thrifts, and little business for them (therefore, less area for stock, less carts....).

In order to thrift well, you gotta go to 'the wrong side of the tracks'... Its these places that actually have customers for the thrifts, and therefore, thrifts like to have more stock (more chance for videogame stock to appear).

It's all about demographics my friends...

heh.

There are definately worse places in melbourne. However, I cover all paths in the search for atari (either brave, stupid, or very motivated).

By now, the residents (or should I say denizens?) of these areas kinda know me by sight, and give me no grief. This is especially true, after a certain incident on a train, involving me, a gang of 'heroes' (a term used by my friends and I to describe the people who wear all adidas clothing, and caps.... they generally act like heroes in groups, but when you get them alone, they run like scared little girls), and my steel capped boots.....

This theory also works with pawn shops. Note the fact, that there are lots of pawn shops in brunswick (a northern suburb of melbourne), and none in the eastern suburbs (where all the 'snobs' live ). Its simply because people in the richer areas never use/need pawn shops, while people in the poorer suburbs will.

Congrats on your find

Noble Kale

(Willing to defend his atari to the death!)

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where abouts in Melbourne are you finding these? I went thru a few Op shops in Carlton when I was on holidays, and it was useless!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, now that's confidential my friend

I think I can guess your 'confidential source' - the bags and labels you describe sound like the ones Savers use to pack their video games.

I'm guessing you are talking about Savers in either Brunswick or Footscray. I often see Atari games at Footscray Savers - a few months ago I even found 2 pirate games and Wall Defender by Bomb, but I don't see too many Atari games at Brunswick. So my guess is Footscray Savers.

Am I right???

Congratulations on your haul - maybe we can trade some Atari carts sometime.

mitchell

This is a little off-topic, but speaking of Australia...they're showing a gameshow in the United States on cable TV now that is called "Who Dares WIns"...I understand it originates from your country. Is/was it popular? Is that show on currently, or are we likely seeing reruns? It's sorta interesting...

I'm pretty sure that Who Dares Wins was only made for a couple of seasons and was then axed - so the episodes you're seeing are probably a couple of years old.

For those who haven't seen it, the idea of the show is that the host arrives at some person's house who's friend's have contacted the show to set them up. Then that person is offered money to perform a dare - like bungee jumping or somthing like that.

I can't remember any of the actual dares they used to have but some of them were pretty scary I seem to recall.