IGNORED

Need Help

Rinsky

Hello everyone.

As you can tell I'm new to AtariAge and to collecting Atari games as well.

I just started collecting about 2 months ago after I dusted off my system (that I've had since 1978) and started playing all the old games I remembered as a kid.

I'm not out to collect allot of extremely rare games right now.

I'm trying to collect one set of Mint in Box games and another set of New sealed games in factory Shrink-wrapped by Atari and Activision in NTSC format.

This is going to be a big challenge in itself.

Now being that I'm new at this I'm going to make some mistakes, like not paying attention to what format I am buying.

So here is what I need help on. I just won a auction on Ebay for River Raid II (MIB) buy Activision but it's in PAL format. I did not notice this until it was to late. I've tried looking everywhere on AtariAge to find out more about this game but it's nowhere to be found. The box looks just like the NTSC version but the cart has a white label with black lettering....LOOK.

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/lesron/siteb...2600riverr2.jpg

The only other River Raid II game I could find in PAL format on Ebay does not look anything like the one I just won.....LOOK. http://mypeoplepc.com/members/lesron/siteb...ures/rr2pal.jpg

So my question is. Was there two different box and cart styles of this game in PAL format? And was this still a good find?

I know the NTSC format of this game is rated 6 in the Rarity Guide.

I just hope the PAl version is rated this good.

Rinsky