IGNORED

Some trouble with homebrew ROMS on Stella

Cafeman

I was attempting to try SCScide and Thrust on Stella -- neither works properly for me. Thrust glitches and won't boot; I cannot control the character using keyboard or mouse on SCScide.

Anyone have suggestions?

Qb's main ROM also doesn't work, but Andrew has a "Stella" compatible one on his site that does work (I just realized this -- Qb is great! Glad I can try it out).

Okay, I downloaded Z26 and played Thrust for the first time! It reminds me a lot of Gravitar, a game which I enjoyed quite a bit. It was a bit difficult to control Thrust using the keyboard though, I longed for an Atari joystick! There was a 16-bit Genesis game by Scavenger that had this same kind of play mechanism (rotate, thrust & shoot), I liked that game too.

I could NOT get the paddles/mouse to work using Z26 for SCScide. Oh, well, I'll try some other time.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to play both these games is that I am writing a feature for Gaming-Age.com about homebrewing for the classic 80's systems. If the authors of Thrust and SCScide are reading this, please send me a quick email at Cafegarcon@msn.com , I'd like to get a quote or two from you (concerning 2600 coding), if that's okay.

Thomas -

Any idea when the new version of Stella will be released? How about the new features it will have (besides illegal opcodes)? Also, do you know which versions are being updated? Is StellaX on the list?

Thanks - looking forward to playing Thrust! BTW - are there any more copies available (with a nice label and all...)?

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyWC:

Any idea when the new version of Stella will be released?

AFAIK end of February.

quote:

How about the new features it will have (besides illegal opcodes)? Also, do you know which versions are being updated? Is StellaX on the list?

Lots of features, just wait and see.

I'm not sure about StellaX, because that's maintained by a separate deleloper. But I'm sure the changes will be adapted to StellaX quite soon.

quote:

Thanks - looking forward to playing Thrust! BTW - are there any more copies available (with a nice label and all...)?

Hozer?

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyWC:

I visited Hozer and looked at the XYPE section - does anybody know what kind of labels are included with these games (most notably Gunfight, QB and Thrust!)? Are they nice color labels designed by XYPE or standard labels from Hozer?

Both!

It are the nice color labels designed by XYPE in Hozer standard (InkJet).