IGNORED

Greatest 1on1 fighter?

What is the greratest 1 on 1 fighter series?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is the greratest 1 on 1 fighter series?

• Street Fighter 2 onwards
    • King of fighters
    • King of monsters
    • Tekken
    • WWF(E)
    • Clayfighters:)
    • Samerai Spirits (Showdown)
    • Battle Arena: Toshinden
    • Bushido Blade
    • Double Dragon (neo-geo)
    • Dead or alive
    • Fatal Fury
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Pit-Fighter
    • Body Blows

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Can't vote. My favorite, DarkStalkers is missing.

The Street Fighter series gets points for starting the whole shebang. The Mortal Kombat series gets points for adding plot and character development (at least through the first three games) as well as making fighting games a little more accessible to newbies, and of course, the blood and gore that was so outlandish that it was anything but graphic (especially after the first game). The Tekken series gets points for keeping fighting games cool long after the other series have drowned in cheese.

Still, DarkStalkers has my favorite cast of characters, and will always be my favorite fighting game.

Where the hell is virtua fighter?  And what is body blows?  So you put lots of lousy one on ones up there and missed dark stalkers and virtua fighter?

842129[/snapback]

DAM DAM DAM, I thought i put virtua fighter in there!!! :mad:

SORRY

Haydn

I just remembered why i missed it out, it was only going to be 2d fighters at first, but i thought of tekkens popularity, and thought i should add the 3d ones in, but forgot to put virtua back up. Again Sorry

Haydn

I agree with whomever said Darkstalkers... Night Warriors on the Saturn is about as much fun as a fighting game can get.

But I mean the best all around... I really gotta give the nod to Super Street Fighter II Turbo. Granted, it's incredibly derivative, but they really refined that engine so that every element, particularly the character balance, is damn near perfect.

I picked street fighter II because you have to give it props for being the first good one on one fighting game.There so many versions of it. I like the turbo one for snes and alpha 3 for psx. These games have held up very well over the years and are great for multiplayer. I think darkstalkers,samurai shodown and king of fighters are pretty cool as well but I don't think they'd be around without the street fighter series.

Can't vote.  My favorite, DarkStalkers is missing.

The Street Fighter series gets points for starting the whole shebang.  The Mortal Kombat series gets points for adding plot and character development (at least through the first three games) as well as making fighting games a little more accessible to newbies, and of course, the blood and gore that was so outlandish that it was anything but graphic (especially after the first game).  The Tekken series gets points for keeping fighting games cool long after the other series have drowned in cheese. 

Still, DarkStalkers has my favorite cast of characters, and will always be my favorite fighting game.

842117[/snapback]

I gotta side with Skunkworx on this one. You put turds like the Neo-Geo version of Double Dragon in this poll, but you neglected to include the most charming, visually stunning, and fun to play fighting game ever made? No way.

JR

Samurai Shodown?

Marvel VS Capcom!

842182[/snapback]

Only if the playstation version. If its the Arcade, then its 2v2, and thats no good for the thread.

SF2 owns. It started it all, and has produced the 2nd best fighting game of all time, Street Fighter Alpha 3. Sorry, 1st place still goes to Marvel vs Capcom 2... but that's not an option. So, SF it is!

The Mortal Kombat series gets points for adding plot and character development (at least through the first three games) as well as making fighting games a little more accessible to newbies, and of course, the blood and gore that was so outlandish that it was anything but graphic (especially after the first game). 

842117[/snapback]

Mortal Kombat also gets credit for ushering video game violence into a political issue. Thanks to MK (and Dana Plato, LOL) we now have the ESRB ratings.