IGNORED

Missing in Action?

Clint Thompson

Anyone have any more screenies of Missing in Action for the 7800?

I was over at Cousin Vinnie's site and noted that there were 3 screenshots but I only see the title screen :ponder:

Anyways.... would be cool to see more... I've read several people talk about it and wanting it ... I had no idea it was a Chuckie Norris game :P

Anyone have any more screenies of Missing in Action for the 7800?

I was over at Cousin Vinnie's site and noted that there were 3 screenshots but I only see the title screen  :ponder:

Anyways....  would be cool to see more... I've read several people talk about it and wanting it ... I had no idea it was a Chuckie Norris game  :P

842165[/snapback]

Here are the only three screens I've ever seen. Until someone releases a ROM or replicates or shares with the community, I suspect this is all we'll see.

post-1046-1114217013_thumb.jpg

post-1046-1114217039_thumb.jpg

post-1046-1114217089_thumb.jpg

Well if they do release the ROM of this game Im ready with this label art I did^_^

842359[/snapback]

Cool label!!! :)

Does anybody know if this title would have been an Atari release? Would it have that kind of silver label design or would it have been more like a third party Activision, Froggo, etc. cartridge design?

Well if they do release the ROM of this game Im ready with this label art I did^_^

842359[/snapback]

Cool label!!! :)

Does anybody know if this title would have been an Atari release? Would it have that kind of silver label design or would it have been more like a third party Activision, Froggo, etc. cartridge design?

842630[/snapback]

It would have been released by TNT games I believe. Since they didn't have a 7800 release who knows what it would have looked like?

Tempest

I got a message from John Hardie regarding this and Plutos & Sirius a while back...basically there's been no progress, and he's been so busy as of late he's pretty much dropped off the face of the video game collector world.

He IS planning on putting out the ROMs and to release them as carts when they finally are running correctly, however.

I got a message from John Hardie regarding this and Plutos & Sirius a while back...basically there's been no progress, and he's been so busy as of late he's pretty much dropped off the face of the video game collector world.

He IS planning on putting out the ROMs and to release them as carts when they finally are running correctly, however.

843742[/snapback]

I really wish they'd enlist the aid of someone who can help them fix them if they don't have the knowledge to do so themselves. Unfortunately it looks like they are not willing to do that (they don't seem to trust anyone with them). After three years I've pretty much given up hope of these ever seeing the light of day...

Tempest

What kind of technical problems are preventing this dude from making the games playable and available?

843794[/snapback]

You'd have to ask him. Plutos and Sirius if I remember crashed or just plain didn't work last time they were out on display, and MIA uses some goofy hardware design that's made it difficult to, well, do anything with other than play the actual cart.

What kind of games were Plutos and Sirius?

843847[/snapback]

Shooters. I think vertical ones. They were on some atari computer.

@Tempest-talk to John about it. He takes for-frickin-ever to get back to you (took almost 2 months to get a response from him on those, as like I said, he doesn't do much in the community anymore) but who knows, maybe you can work something out with him. He didn't seem to be in any sort of hurry.

Ok so they don't work in rom form but what's to stop them being released as carts? I know personally i far prefer playing 7800 games on the real hardware. I'm sure that, speaking as a 7800 owner, most of us would be willing to pay a few quid if it ment getting a *NEW* 7800 game.

Ok so they don't work in rom form but what's to stop them being released as carts? I know personally i far prefer playing 7800 games on the real hardware. I'm sure that, speaking as a 7800 owner, most of us would be willing to pay a few quid if it ment getting a *NEW* 7800 game.

844473[/snapback]

Then someone with a ROM reader will rip the game and distribute it to the masses.