IGNORED

Dedicated Multi-Emu Machine

Atarinvader

I've got a PII 400Mhz machine with 128MB and a TV-out that is running 98SE and is booting in to MAME32 as a dedicated machine.

It's running this lovely, but I'd like it to also play all the other ROMs I have sitting on a partition i.e. NES, SMS, MD, N64 etc. I want it to boot straight in to a screen that I can use to select the games using a joystick. MESS runs too slowly (and I'm not very keen on it) and Gamelauncher won't run with MAME32 (other MAMEs are too fussy on 98SE or won't check ROMs with Gamelauncher).

Any suggestions?

I've got a PII 400Mhz machine with 128MB and a TV-out that is running 98SE and is booting in to MAME32 as a dedicated machine.

It's running this lovely, but I'd like it to also play all the other ROMs I have sitting on a partition i.e. NES, SMS, MD, N64 etc. I want it to boot straight in to a screen that I can use to select the games using a joystick. MESS runs too slowly (and I'm not very keen on it) and Gamelauncher won't run with MAME32 (other MAMEs are too fussy on 98SE or won't check ROMs with Gamelauncher).

Any suggestions?

844541[/snapback]

Are there any dedicated linux distros for the job that work nowadays?

Haydn