IGNORED

Twingalaxies

devwebcl

Goochman,

I was browsing in twingalaxies (TG) and I saw the different high scores in Atari 400/800xl.

Why don't we play with the same rules that are in TG list thus we can compite against those HS. Besides the HS can be posted in the forum to see how far away we are at.

Cheers.

--devwebcl

Dev,

I can do that - but could you give me an example of the difference in the TG ones - Sometimes it just that someone has not posted a score for a particular level/skill. I am the new 800 TG Ref - there are some things that need fixing so if you find some discrepencies let me know!

actually I only saw the caverns of mars :D

because it's one of the game I get the best score so I wanted to compare my score, The point is that in TG they play with defaults settings, but here we started at warrior level therefore to get a better score it was much harder at AA.

I understand that most of us can't get a TG Referee to certified our score so it will not be an official HS however it's interesting to compare HS between.

cheers,

--devwebcl

• 4 years later...
What do you need to know - its been about 2 years since my last tape :(

Cool, I was wondering if someone has sent anything at all. Know I saw you at TG's forums.

Besides here there are several great players and many records to beat there...

Do you have any record today?

Are cracked games legal to set high scores with? I would love to set a high score on Encounter but lost the original disc long ago and there are a few others like that too. I have original hardware but usually play everything through SIO2PC so I was wondering if I need to track stuff down on Ebay that I want to set high scores on (or at least try to :D )

For the uninitiated can one of you guys give us an overview of what this is all about :?: :!: By coincidence I am reading something similar right now on AtariOnline.PL :)

Well, the idea is to track records to different games (at different platforms) with special settings for the game. Besides it needs to be record with a media (VCR, cam-recorders are accepted). I don't know more details, never I have submit any tape at all, but I wish to participate. As you can see this post is from 2005 and it looks Goochman has submit several games at 2007.

I know Goochman is referee for Atari right now, probably he can explain in much better way.

Best thing is to visit TwinGalaxies website where all the info you need is there to submit.

As for cracked games - it would be better to use the originals. Atarimania has alot of the originals imaged for SIO2PC use.

Alot of cracks have variations/changes/cheats which could cause a referee to pause during review.