IGNORED

An AA'ers Game Room?

Saw this posted on another forum an immediately thought it had to be someone over here. Well anyone want to claim this so I know who's house to rob?http://www.nescapades.com/gameroom.htm

849409[/snapback]

I don't know if it is but now I'm going to have to paint the white cabinent in my gameroom to look like a NES :)

I'd like to paint a wall black, nail up some neon painted wooden blocks in the shape of a Yar, have a giant neon colored Qotile on the right hand side of the wall, and have a fiber optic display in the middle that would shimmer like the Ion Zone. Put a little motorized spinning swirl in front of the Qotile base, to round out the look. Then light the whole thing with blacklights. :cool:

All I can say is WOW. You definatly won't hear any nay-saying from me that is one sweet setup.

:lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust:

I'd like to paint a wall black, nail up some neon painted wooden blocks in the shape of a Yar, have a giant neon colored Qotile on the right hand side of the wall, and have a fiber optic display in the middle that would shimmer like the Ion Zone. Put a little motorized spinning swirl in front of the Qotile base, to round out the look. Then light the whole thing with blacklights. 

I've thought of doing the castle & dragons from adventure on the outside of my area but my wife had something to say about that :ponder:

Edited by glitch

I've thought of doing the castle & dragons from adventure on the outside of my area but my wife had something to say about that  :ponder:

849448[/snapback]

Send her out for the day and paint it up in a Custer's Revenge theme. After she gets back and stops screaming, she may let you do Adventure as a compromise :)

Edited by jsoper

People at Digital Press and the Codebreaker site the guy quoted were pretty harsh. Calling him a loser and talking bad about the guy was just uncalled for. If I had started thrift store shopping for games and consoles in the '90s instead of starting in 2003, my collection would be larger than his. Those people can't seem to comprehend that not everyone is their age (dumb teenagers or early 20-somethings) and have amassed a lot more stuff in their lifetimes than they have. And obviously the guy has a lot more creativity than most people when it comes to decorating a gameroom.

Honestly, if I had the space to make my own dedicated gameroom, it would look far geekier than his. I would really, really go overboard. It's probably lucky that I don't have the room.

Calling him a loser and talking bad about the guy was just uncalled for.

:roll:

Whatever man, this guy's not a loser at all If you love something, go with it. He's probably happier in that room than any of the people mocking him will ever be. I wish I had the funds / time / space to really go crazy about my hobby

Whatever man, this guy's not a loser at all If you love something, go with it. He's probably happier in that room than any of the people mocking him will ever be. I wish I had the funds / time / space to really go crazy about my hobby

849587[/snapback]

I dunno, who really needs that much stuff? We Americans are so needy, we think we need to buy bunches and bunches of everything. I'm not trying to be a jerk but he could have done a lot better things with his money. I mean I'm just as guilty, but since when do material things make one truly happy?

material things dont make you happy in the same way love or being a parent does no but lets be real, video games certainly do brighten up my rainy days. i feel like a kindered spirit to this guy, i'm guilty of having a huge collection myself but like this guy its not something i built up with excessive spending. he writes that he spends about $100 per month on video games, $3 a day or so, about the size of some people's starbucks budget. i do sometimes wonder about people who spend $100s to have a single rare game but a few bucks a day? to me the process of collecting - hunting, checking off the list, shelving, playing etc is a pleasant ritual, its a quirky goal i've set for myself and i love getting closer to it. i kind of compare it to my neighbor and her vegetable garden, obviously she can afford tomatoes and even the best vine ripened ones in the store would cost less than the time and money she throws into her little plot but something about the process satisfies her.

theres also a sort of anti-materialism to collecting used old games, in some cases i'm the hand that saves them from the landfill. in almost all others i'm adding my money to that personal economy, my game funds go to moms at yardsales, charitable thrifts or at least old guys at the flea market. no factory in china fires up new orders based on my gaming habit, no big mall chain profits from it. heck i'd reason that i've donated far more money to charity thru thrifting than i would have otherwise, thats a win-win.

Very creative use of space, well thought out. I think that is the best way I have ever seen NES carts stored. Organized and neatly done.

Sorry to hear someone saying anything negative about him or his things. Very un-cool. Not sure why that would be coming from a collector community. To sum up my thoughts: I no way do I think having things makes you needy. I know for myself, my game collecting has gone through many phases since I first started in the early 90's (thats when I consider myself turning to a collector mentality than a player mentality with my TG16). Its fun, they hold their value (fairly well) and I enjoy it. Would anyone fault me for having a painting on my wall or a decoration on a shelf? Its just stuff I like and its stored in an area that makes me happy to be in. My gameroom is my escape. DC traffic sucks. After sitting on the beltway for an hour, its nice to be somewhere I actually want to be. Great for entertaining friends. Most parties end up down there (some stragglers on the main level, but hey, its not their bag).

Just my rant. If the owner of the room reads this, rock on. Very well themed. You should be proud, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you are a loser, we are all losers. :)

Cassidy

849587[/snapback]

I dunno, who really needs that much stuff? We Americans are so needy, we think we need to buy bunches and bunches of everything. I'm not trying to be a jerk but he could have done a lot better things with his money. I mean I'm just as guilty, but since when do material things make one truly happy?

849796[/snapback]

Because emulation SUCKS!

I agree with the previous comments. You could walk into any goodwill, salvation army, and red white and blue stores in the 90's and see mounds of games, all for $1 or $2 apiece. Nowadays, its all on ebay, you hardly find them in the wild. That's why those figures are right.

That game room rocks! A'bit more games then I could ever consider playing but man... to have that many on hand to play any type of game from any range of console era would be a dream!

I love the NES deck coming ou thte wall (as a seat?) and the decoration! Very well done!

On a side note.... I've been having quite a lot of videogame related dreams as of late (haven't had any in wow... a year or so at least?) but in my dream were these different colored cases that I thought was for the 5200 in my dream (some rare, unreleased games or something, in my dream) but... what are they really? In real life? What system do they go to, I don't recall ever seeing them before (other then in my dream).

(ones on the bottom shelf of course)

As far as the negative feedback.... whoever it is ... is just JEALOUS!

(Who wouldn't be to be able to own that many games/systems in such a nice space!)

It really is a dream for a lot of people to have such a library of games like that!

post-985-1115304468_thumb.jpg

That game room rocks! A'bit more games then I could ever consider playing but man... to have that many on hand to play any type of game from any range of console era would be a dream!

I love the NES deck coming ou thte wall (as a seat?) and the decoration! Very well done!

On a side note.... I've been having quite a lot of videogame related dreams as of late (haven't had any in wow... a year or so at least?) but in my dream were these different colored cases that I thought was for the 5200 in my dream (some rare, unreleased games or something, in my dream) but... what are they really? In real life? What system do they go to, I don't recall ever seeing them before (other then in my dream).

(ones on the bottom shelf of course)

As far as the negative feedback.... whoever it is ... is just JEALOUS!

(Who wouldn't be to be able to own that many games/systems in such a nice space!)

It really is a dream for a lot of people to have such a library of games like that!

849921[/snapback]

If he took a trip to japan, those games are easy to find. I have quite a bit famicom/super famicom games myself, and easy to come by too. THere's a place called Hard-Off. basically there is a junk section with "not guarenteed" games. Loads of famicom and super famicom games ready to be cleaned and played. Trust me, at 30 cents apiece, Isopropal Alcohol and fine grit sandpaper goes a LONG way!

I just wish I could have went there a lot more often, and myself so I wasn't bogged down by friends saying, lets go keilback, time to go! Keilback! Damn it!

:D

I'll take a pic of my famicom/super famicom games when I get home... if you guys want. They're not all here yet though, still missing most of my video game stuff from the move from japan. should be in anytime this month.

Edited by keilbaca

Freaking badass! My hat is off to whomever's collection this is. Although if I stacked my games like that I'd first never be able to access the majority of them and second my cats would never rest till they had knocked off every last one.

I agree the room rocks and I agree emulation sucks in comparison to the actual hardware, I wasn't making that argument. And yes games brighten rainy days. I just wonder who really needs all that stuff. No need to take offense I wasnt bad mouthing him at all ;-)