IGNORED

Yay!

Danno

Yep, it's a very sophisticated device.

You will take much pleasure in it.

850766[/snapback]

That sounds like it was yanked off a random japanese product.

Minus the "yep"

Edited by JB

850766[/snapback]

Minus the "yep"

850842[/snapback]

Lol, maybe I should make marketing for japanese products :)

However, I love the CC2 and just want to express that :cool:

I'm sure I can find the answer to these questions if I looked a little bit around here or googled, but it's easier to just ask here, becuase I'm lazy: how much does it cost and where do I get it? Never mind, I decided i had nothing better to do, so I found out about it all myself. $200 is a bit steep for me right now, so I guess it's not an option for a while. I just hope they are still in stock in about a month or so...

Edited by Gunstar

$200 is a bit steep for me right now, so I guess it's not an option for a while. I just hope they are still in stock in about a month or so...

851766[/snapback]

Yeah .. $200 is the most I have paid for anything related to video games .. since the purchase of the 2600 in 1977 for $200. :P

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

At the prices some of the gougers in the Atari trading and selling world are trying to charge for even the semi-rare games out there, you're lucky if you cna get a collection of 20 games for under $200.

CC2 gives every game, hack & homebrew ever made, for less than the cost of 8 single unboxed rarity 4 games on ebay.

It's a bargain, and worth every penny.

850766[/snapback]

Minus the "yep"

850842[/snapback]

Lol, maybe I should make marketing for japanese products :)

However, I love the CC2 and just want to express that :cool:

850987[/snapback]

Translating to Spanish and back again gives this:

A device very highly developed is Yep. They take much pleasure in him.

Apparently, Yep is a lucky guy. :)

• 3 weeks later...
$200?!?

I may had well download and put the roms on real carts and play them then paying that thing! It's way much cheaper :P

862231[/snapback]

No it's not. You can't just "Download rom and put them on cart". If it were that simple, there would be no need for a CC2.

$200?!?

I may had well download and put the roms on real carts and play them then paying that thing! It's way much cheaper :P

862231[/snapback]

No it's not. You can't just "Download rom and put them on cart". If it were that simple, there would be no need for a CC2.

862234[/snapback]

More technical response:

Real carts have ROMs in them. ROM stands for Read-Only Memory.

It is what it says.

Of course, in practice you could desolder the ROM on a regular cart, put in a socket, find some EPROMs that match the cart ROMs, buy an EPROM writer and eraser, and sit there shoving EPROMs into your new rewritable cart.

But it'd be a pain in the butt, and likely more expensive than a CuttleCart(due to the EPROM writer and eraser).

Edited by JB

More technical response:

Real carts have ROMs in them. ROM stands for Read-Only Memory.

It is what it says.

Of course, in practice you could desolder the ROM on a regular cart, put in a socket, find some EPROMs that match the cart ROMs, buy an EPROM writer and eraser, and sit there shoving EPROMs into your new rewritable cart.

But it'd be a pain in the butt, and likely more expensive than a CuttleCart(due to the EPROM writer and eraser).

862290[/snapback]

Exactly.

Please, to be explaining his use in this device. I wish to gratify self with many downloadings and ROM heatings.

862292[/snapback]

Your ROMS and for the downloading are happy happy and full of creamy joy. Goodness comes to those who CC2.

$200?!?

862231[/snapback]

Yeah, and how much would that cost in parts alone to make just one cart?

Take about $250 (rounding up heavily for the cost of an MMC card), and divide that by the number of EVERY ATARI 2600 AND 7800 GAME EVER MADE (and hacks, and homebrews) and you get an idea of how reasonable the price actually is.

Of course I'm not quite making the most of mine. I've only got a little under 300 games on mine right now. :)

Yeah, and how much would that cost in parts alone to make just one cart?
Not to mention that some bank switching types are harder to make a copy-cart for than others. And then you either have to make multicarts (another level of difficulty, and generally needing a separate multi-cart per bankswitch type) or keep around a ton of plastic. I'd estimate the weight of a complete 2600 cart collection (cartridges only) to be well over 80 pounds.

Think of it this way... lets say there are 400 different Atari 2600 and 7800 titles. Divide $200 by 400 and you get 50 cents per game.

Of course this doesn't count the price of an MMC card or Pokey chip. I've gotten 64MB MMC cards for $10 each, and Pokey chips are $5 each in quantity, and I'm sure there are still at least 460 games, especially if you count homebrews. And all the Pokey chips I've put in CC2s were salvaged anyhow. (two from junk Atari 8-bit computers, and one from a Ballblazer cart that I took apart so I could scan the bare circuit board)

And that doesn't even consider the convienience of having everything on two cartridges (CC2+Pitfall II).