IGNORED

I just got my copy of Atari Karts Today

dalton4life

I don't really get your comparisons, Star Wars Arcade to Cybermorph?

Why don't you actually compare games that are similar, like for instance Doom. 32x Doom was butchered to get it to run on the machine, and it came out only slightly better than the SNES version. It doesn't run in full screen, and has an atrocious frame rate, even with the reduced screen size. Jag Doom is highly playable, at full screen, and even supports a save feature that is strikingly absent from the almighty 32x.

Wasn't Mortal Kombat II already done quite well on the Genesis? Thats a problem that Sega had back then, they didn't bring out much in terms of new and original games for the Genesis add-on systems, they kept bringing out the same games for the SegaCD and even older games on the 32X, talk about a ripoff. I mean, they released some very old arcade ports to the 32x, even older than the Amiga ports that made it to the Jaguar. Games like After Burner 1 and Space Harrier 1, both of which while not only very ancient(they were on the Master System for pete's sake), had already saw sequels on the Genesis itself, and both After Burner II, and Space Harrier II were better than the 32x counterparts.

The 32x is an atrocious machine with possibly the worst game library of all time, next to the Tiger Game.com. There is really no defense of it, it doesn't have a single killer app, like Tempest 2000. It doesn't have any game even close to the quality of Rayman, in either graphics, gameplay, or Audio. In direct comparisons with the same games on both machines, the Jaguar clearly wins hands down, and the Jaguar has more variety in its library, especially concerning games that someone might actually want to play.

I mean, where are the strategy games for the 32x? The Jaguar has many, Syndicate, Cannon Fodder, Worms, Theme Park, Attack of the Mutant Penguins...all established and successful games. What about any platform game that can compete with Rayman, Zool 2, or Pitfall? Any good Pinball games to be had?

Jeez, ok so you don't like the Jaguar after all, atleast you tried it, but to come in here and try to make it your new life's work to somehow convince people here that the Jaguar sucks, well I got news for ya it ain't gonna happen. It's not the best machine of all time, not in the least, but it most certainly demolishes the pitifull 32x, which in most respects turned out worse than the Genesis and is a huge black mark that pretty much sealed Sega's future in the console market, because they never recovered from the 32x disaster.

Atari's fate was similar, except their demise started not with the Jaguar, but with the crash of 84 and the release of the 7800. This is the reason Atari didn't have the backing and the funding(including poor ownership, Tramiels) to make the Jaguar as good as it should have been, but we did see stuff on it that was killer, and warrant owning the machine.

Only reason I own a 32x is because I got it very cheap, and it's ok as a collectors system, but there's not a single game on there that is a killer app.

Most fans are subjective enough to admit when a game sucks but i guess that not the case here.  And jesusc i tried those games out you let me borrow and wow not 1 of them was good AVP was a monster disapointment.  And so what if i got the number of the games on the systems who cares they still suck.  And some home brews really dont make a 90 dollar system worth owning.  If a system has about 60 games half of them better be awsome and the jag has maybe 6 good games.  The good to bad ratio is awful give it up i dont want to troll but you are clearly in denial if you think the jag library has lots of good games.  I have yet to see any games worth keeping it for i have tempest on my saturn.  And i could get raiden on just about every old system.  This is the last im going to say on the subject.  But the jag is over rated in every regard and is as good as the 32X minus the good racing and fighting games.

855853[/snapback]

Jeez. 3 separate threads and you can't seem to stop stomping on the Jag.

Granted, there's plenty of crap on the Jag. Of course, there's plenty of crap on the Genesis, 32X, SegaCD (don't even get me started on that -- FMV does not a game make), SNES -- yes, even the beloved Saturn.

Okay, so you don't like any game you've tried on it. Personally, I don't think you really sat down and gave anything a fair chance once you decided you didn't like it, but whatever. That's fine; dump it and move on. There's really no need to respond in every thread about how bad you believe it to be. Everything's relative and what you think is crap may appeal to others. I thought AvP was brilliant. Sure, they could have spent more time on improving the frame rate, had better scenery, etc. But for its time it was still very well done, and the level design, immersiveness and suspense factor was virutally unparalelled. But then I appreciate games (and systems for that matter) for more than just what you can glean from a few minutes of gameplay.

Most fans are subjective enough to admit when a game sucks but i guess that not the case here.  And jesusc i tried those games out you let me borrow and wow not 1 of them was good AVP was a monster disapointment.  And so what if i got the number of the games on the systems who cares they still suck.  And some home brews really dont make a 90 dollar system worth owning.  If a system has about 60 games half of them better be awsome and the jag has maybe 6 good games.  The good to bad ratio is awful give it up i dont want to troll but you are clearly in denial if you think the jag library has lots of good games.  I have yet to see any games worth keeping it for i have tempest on my saturn.  And i could get raiden on just about every old system.  This is the last im going to say on the subject.  But the jag is over rated in every regard and is as good as the 32X minus the good racing and fighting games.

855853[/snapback]

It is all in the eye of the beholder my friend. You can degrade something someone else considers good and you can even degrade that person but insults don't change anyones mind. It just makes you look bad. Why don't you consider the fact that your tastes may be different then someone elses? My wife loves to eat chicken mole but I think it is nasty crap. That dosn't mean I stick my nose up in the air everytime she eats it. Get off your high horse.