IGNORED

Would like to get a Jaguar, but...the controller!

ataridave

The only problem I ever had with the Jaguar controller was that there was not nearly enough play on the d-pad on the specific controller that came with my launch system... I tried and tried to modify that sucker so that the pad was just a bit more "raised' so that it would be possible to perform some of the important d-pad moves - like say "diagonal movement" - but I couldn't improve it..

The next controller I bought had the same "issue", but I finally did get one with a little more play - the Pro Controller I have is good too..

I don't remember offhand if the controllers with less play on the d-pad were the ones with the darker plastic d-pad or the lighter ones...

Seriously, I've seen pics of the Jaguar controller, and it doesn't look very comfortable.  Far from it, it looks like a mess with all those keypad buttons on it!  I'd love to get a Jaguar, but this is one of the things holding me back.

856321[/snapback]

All versions of the Atari Jaguar Controllers are comfortable and kick ass. Looks can be decieving. The standard controller -- comfortable. The procontroller -- comfortable. The standard rotary controller -- comfortable. The pro-rotary controller -- comfortable and lastly, the grey and blue (Jaguar and Falcon) controller -- comfortable. Buy your Jaguar and do not allow fear to destroy your ambitions to seek out the 64-bit power that is the mighty Jaguar! Do the math.

Edited by Atari_Jaguar