IGNORED

New to AtariAge

Toastigo

Hi, I've been an atari fan for over 20 years now but I was beginning to think I was the only one left until I decided to look for some Atari information on the internet. I was happy to find that not only are there other Atari fans still around, but a lot of you guys are still keeping the system alive with new games, mods, etc. I'm a big fan of the 7800 and just played the Frogger demo from the other post and that was kickass but I was wondering if there are other games being made for the 7800 still. There are a ton of arcade games that I would have loved to see ported to the 7800 that never were. Frogger is definitely one of them, Space Invaders and Zaxxon, to name a few others. Also, classic from the 2600 revisited on the 7800 would have been cool but I never saw much of that either. Also, if there are 7800 games still being made, can they be purchased in a cartridge or are they all download roms only. I saw some new 2600 carts in the store here but no 7800. Well, if anyone has any answers to my mindless ramble of questions, they would be appreciated but I more or less just wanted to say hello to everyone, and i'm glad to know you're here.

The best way to see any new games for the 7800 is to program them yourself. The CuttleCart 2 is an excellent way to test out what you create on the real thing. (Unfortunately, the 7800 has many quirks and limitations that the emulators don't emulate.)

What have you got to lose but your free time?