IGNORED

Sopwith Game

About 8 years ago I foolishly gave all my Atari ST stuff away to a charity shop and moved over to the world of PCs. Naturally, I soon regretted it and have recently been reaquiring my old favourites on eBay. However, there was one particular game that I haven't been able to find anywhere, and there seems to be no mention of it on the Web. I believe the game was called "Sopwith" (possibly "Sopwith Camel") and it was a simple (but addictive) 2D sideways-scroller. There is a PC Sopwith Game which is somewhat similar, but it is much more primitive than the ST version that I used to play. I believe the ST version was created using STOS, but it was sold commercially, possibly through the ST format magazine. Anyway, has anyone else heard-of or played this excellent game? I would really like to get hold of it again as I spent hours of fun plaing it in the past!

Chris

• 4 years later...

After some searching it turns out that the game is called SkyStrike by Aaron Fothergill. There is also a version called SkyStrike Plus, which adds a few extras. There was a variant on the Amiga called JetStrike, and there is also a modern remake called Turning the Tide.

It was indeed written using STOS and is just as addictive now as before. Unfortunately the versions that I have been able to download have a bug on level 26 (the cliff gun can't be destroyed), so let me know if you have a good version.

Chris

Edited by cd-w